Sunday, February 28, 2016

Oui, oui, mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette

Presidency Dinner from last Sunday. It was chilly. 
Did you know Monday was George Washington's birthday? I did. That said, I've listened to quite a bit of Hamilton and Stephen Colbert's parody, Button. I also realized that I really like rap. I memorized both the linked raps (in addition to a few others), wrote an impromptu rap on Growth Hormone for a class presentation, and apparently was rapping to myself when I met my new friend, Jarom. So that's all he remembers about me. (That's ok, I only remember where he lives because I was at his apartment.)

A postcard I received after our postcard-writing
FHE from Benson. Made me chuckle.
Tuesday providence smiled upon me, as I happened to run into my good mission friend and chauffeur, Cameron Johnson. He told me Thomas Bonnamy, from Lyon, was visiting. We met Carolyn and Will and Thomas for lunch later that day. Et quel plaisir! Because then I spent nine hours watching mediocre basketball games at clinicals.

Because if you have only one day to see America: Taco Bell.
Wednesday I was trying so hard to do my HW, but was somehow persuaded to hang out with Lindsey and Thomas. They showed me Collapse, a game where you are infected with a new disease and it rapidly infects the whole world. The fastest world collapse I've seen took 21 days. Can you beat it?

And I did it.
Then Lindsey, Clayn, and I met with Mama and Papa Smith to get ice cream. (I've insisted that I am the replacement for their missionary son, Jake. Lyndsie claims we have the same sense of humor. Call me Jayqueline. Jake for short.)

Meet the Smiths. Lovely, aren't they?
Thursday was our clinical preceptor Patty's birthday. Matt and I arrived early to streamer the training room and insist that all of its occupants wore party hats. We ate cupcakes and cake and partied all day.

Birthday girl, dead center.
Fail cakes: "Fial (written in white)".
On the way to Institute with Sister Proctor, Christina and I saw a great poster of my friend Corbin, announcing the basketball game that night. Since they no longer needed the advertising and Christina offered me $20 if I sent a selfie with it to Corbin, I snatched it right up. And then enjoyed a lesson on individual worth and pulled pork sandwiches.

Give me a real challenge.
Although the picture was suitably terrifying.
Friday was the day my class presentation (rap) earned a standing ovation. And also the day Matt tried to take a nap on the floor beforehand and woke up to our teacher spooning him. Not even surprised.

Welcome to AT. We love jokes.
And just for kicks, here's the class president.
Saturday morning we began filming our Divergent parody. It was a blast and well-organized. I'm already almost done with it. Lyndsie, Christina, and I went to Chick-Fil-A to celebrate.

Don't tell Alexis. 
Our ward has several members of the BYU gymnastics team, so we met up for pizza and poster-making before going to the meet. I couldn't actually attend the meet, but I traded them a poster for a box of pizza and rootbeer.

Made Christina color it in for me. Slave labor.
And by that I mean delegation.
Lyndsie was directing a work scavenger hunt party, so I helped keep her company and assure that everything ran smoothly. It did. Mostly.

Try eating a pudding cup through that.
Afterwards, we ate orange juliuses and got an invite to the EQ Meet, meet, & meat activity. (They went to the gymnastics meet, met each other afterwards, and ate meat). Matt told me all week I wasn't invited, but turns out they had way to much meat for those meeting to eat. I gotchu, fam.

Also I can cheer really loud when people try to lift heavy things. 
Rounded off the evening by attending the BYU/Gonzaga game with Clayn. I like basketball and being at games, but I don't like other people going. They're too loud and hot and close for comfort. And usually don't know what they're talking about. I hate that. I treated myself to DQ afterwards and went to bed earlyish.
There I am. All the way on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment