Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Air Smells Like Warm Rootbeer

SNL Kylo Ren
 Our FHE is actually pretty solid this semester. It helps that it's basically just the people I decided to be friends with already. This week we finger painted. Which is a lot harder than I remember it.

Monday was also a holiday, which meant no school or clinicals. But lots of HW. I had to take several tests this week, so I prepared slowly for them. Which is preferable for long term memory maintenance, I think. I went to the cadaver lab and made banana bars (a mission favorite).
Mission comp's Mom at the games...






Wednesday was waffle night and rootbeer float night. Our RS presidency, in an attempt to get to know people, and also eat delicious food, has started hosting a couple apartments each week for a snack and spiritual thought.


This is us at clinicals. 
Cynthia, a student of ours.

Thursday, Matt and I were at clinicals for ever because of all the games. Good news is that the moms started making gourmet dinners for us. We had sandwiches and chips and really good guac/pico/bean dip and chocolate chip cookies with oreos in them. (And carrots). We are very happy campers on these days.

Then Matt and Benson came over to my house and studied until midnight.



Friday I got to visit my mission friend, Alisa and I got to longboard to her house. I was rather gruntled that the weather was so nice, thus permitting both activities. I also took three tests that day and a nap. Although I had options to go to my water polo game and my stake ice skating / broom hockey activity, I did neither because I was headed to Emarie and Christian Covey's reception!!


I wore this pretty, but restrictive dress and kind of curled my hair and hung out with all the people I love. PRoney, Sister Roney, Carolyn Carter, Abby Luthi, Lyndsie, Sarah, John, Corbin, Thomas, Ben, Emarie and Christian, Mama Covey, etc.

The reception was conveniently in the library just two blocks from our apartment. There was delicious food and tasty bevs. There was a live band that tried so hard to play Party Rock. There were real trees strung up with lights and lots of flowers everywhere.

I like the Coveys because they go crazy and just dance. That's what I've needed. I met and befriended some more of the family. (Hoping to one day get invites to family reunions - there will be great food there.)

Afterwards, we stayed and helped clean up, which was really hard with restricted shoulder flexion and abduction. Eventually Lyndsie and I ran home through a secret passage and changed our clothes. We broke down trees and unstrung lights and moved boxes and swept floors and ended by getting slurpees at the 7/11 next door.

Saturday was my chill day. I woke up at eight and just stayed in bed because I purposefully planned nothing. I watched parts of Slipper and the Rose, I read scriptures, I wrote in my journal. I cleaned my room and hung out with Lyndsie for a bit (eating the delicious fruit snacks she bought me).

Matt hadn't seen the open house for the Provo City Center Temple yet, so I made him go. PRoney helped us skip about four hours worth of standby lines. And I actually looked at the posters and info after the tour.

My favorite pose. 
Later, Lyndsie, Matt, and my new roomie Christina, all went to the BYU game vs. San Diego. It was a blowout (in comparison to their game two days prior against the same team....) I wasn't mad though, because they scored over 80 points, meaning bogo Malawi's pizza. Matt and I split a Chicken Bacon Ranch and we saw Cousin Dink & Wife for the first time in months. 

Christina, Hutch, Matt, Lynds. 
Today all the presidencies went to the Bloods' house (bishopric member) for dinner so they could get to know us better. They do work with us quite a bit, so I guess it's important. The other RS has been throwing shade for days, so we all dressed the same to show them up. It worked. 

Give it up for presidency unity. #FlannelPannel #ChicFilBae
#SurvivorsInZion

1 comment: