Sunday, February 7, 2016

Awesome

This week was definitely in the running for the best of my life. Everything about it was so sweet and fulfilling. I mean, I started it off by giving a talk, having an inter-meeting, snowball fight, and then teaching a lesson. I edited a movie in between getting home taught, visit, taught, and having a jam session with my bros.

Monday started off with lots of snow and a great weights class. Did you know that most of your strength gains in the first 6-8 weeks are due to neuromuscular adaptions? Basically, you see tremendous gains right away because your body is just learning how to do those exercises more efficiently. After that, it actually starts to build muscle.

Werewolf. We played a new version where there are a lot more roles and dead people never reveal who they are. It ended up with four people left: Nate (werewolf), John (bus driver, switches 2 people's fates), Cam (witch, 1 live potion, 1 die potion), and Matt (stonemason, he an another stonemason can just vouch for each other). They voted to kill off Nate, but kept playing through the night. Morning comes and nobody died and Cam claims that it's because he used his live potion on Matt, so he wouldn't get killed by the werewolf, aka John (the only other player). So Matt hastily voted to kill John. Cam = MVP.

I had a dream that I was driving down the highway and an army of cognicent zombies attacked from the sides and massacred everyone. I kept replaying it, doing different things to try to survive. Sometimes they left me alive out of pity, but they beat me up pretty bad first.

Tuesday at clinicals, a boy got hit in the face and was spraying blood everywhere. Being the only AT in the gym, I got to handle it. It was super fun. He's fine. Spike, the coach, helped clean up the blood and was still washing his hands when the refs decided to start the game. Yikes. Force chokes for dayyysss.
All the recessive genes...
Corbin came over to help film a movie for Emarie's bachelorette party. It was a wonderful time. He's dang funny and super delightful.


Wednesday I ended up skipping my weights class. Worst decision. I felt off all day. But my Rehab exam seemed to go well. I also went to a review for another exam and waffle night (for free waffles).

Thursday I took an Ex Phys exam and Anatomy quiz. I also got to go to the temple open house with President Roney, Grampy, Mimi, Ben, Greg, and Steve Lund. I love them all. What an absolute delight.

Time was short, as I then had to run to clinicals. And then run to a lab. And then run to Emarie's bachelorette party. I got to hang out with Abby Luthi, KPape, and Malika. We ate delicious food and watched this terrifying video that we made. View at your own discretion.

Friday I had a quiz in my anatomy lab on the brachial plexus. This picture looks easy compared to how it looks in an actual body.

Also, it's upside-down.

Patty, our clinical instructor, was covering an event in St. George for the day, so we only had Substitute Patty, a certified AT who doesn't work as an AT. A girl got a concussion and started seizing and we had to call the hospital. She should be fine - CT came back negative and all signs were pretty typical of concussions, so I'm not too worried. (Substitute Patty was freaking out, though.) It was a cool experience for me. Also a girl brought me a bag of goldfish.

On another note, in my favorite area of my mission, Cannes, there was a large extended family that all lived together and were rock stars. Their relatives live in UT and their daughter played against our varsity team, Cloe Gentil. We chatted a bit and she complimented my accent. I'm sure I'll see her again when her extended family comes out to visit in Aout. :)


Matt and I were so tired after a long and eventful day. We kind of wanted to relax, and I really wanted popcorn, and then we remembered that Josh the Saucy Tart was having a game night chez lui. So I made popcorn for days and joined in the middle of a game of werewolf, where I correctly ID'd the werewolf first time, but was also killed off immediately. (But so was the werewolf - martyr for the cause?). The popcorn was a hit. Matt, Benson, and I finished off one giant bowl by ourselves and left everyone else to finish theirs.

It was decided that there are five levels to female anger:
1. Flirty
2. Irked, but still OK
3. Slightly upset
4. Angry
5. The gates of Hell are open
We went to Burger Supreme for $2 burgers with about 15 people. There was another large group that started cheering at one point, so we joined along, heartily. About twenty minutes later, everyone started singing happy birthday to ME, and a girl from the other group brought me a slice of her chocolate cake. Then we started watching The 100 Foot Journey, about an Indian family that moves to France (LOVE) and starts a restaurant.

Saturday I woke up so I could do some MRI's for a research study. Which I just found out I will actually be paid for. Yes!


A bunch of us went sledding. Jamon brought a girl from his mission whose brother, it turns out, will soon be marrying my mission BFF, Jordan Jones. This girl, Nikki, is from TX and had never been sledding before. She's fun. We had a snowball fight, threw rocks at the water tower, and laughed at all the blossoming romance.



Greg came over to help me film a movie. In the movie, he just cooks food. So I also got dinner out of it. (Not mad).

I caught up with Alisa Hulme. She taught me how to curl my hair so I can woo tall men. Now picture me whistling and waving my hand. 

I started re-writing Trevor's BOOST Rap. It's going well.

Today I started gaining recruits from the other RS. It's also going well. Half their presidency is planning to side with us when a physical battle breaks out. That half is also cripple, but we'll take what we can get. Today was full of the Spirit - great prelude music, testimonies of Christ, temple prep, and ward mission plan. Loved it. All the women who so desired were given tickets to take a special tour of the bridal room (not part of the regular tour) at the Provo City Temple. After verifying Roney's presence, I went. And brought him cookies and milk. Which he can share with Steve Lund, but only if he wants.

Righteous women at the temple.
I'm in the back left, if you're wondering.
I thought maybe Mimi would be proud of me for this. I kind of curled my hair today. I wore a pink shirt and a skirt. I made cookies while wearing an apron. And I updated my blog. Look at me, acting all girly and stuff. (Gentlemen....)

2 comments:

  1. When you started with best week of your life, I figured I'd read something in there about Grampy's Utah appearance. Nada. Good to hear that your life is all kinds of awesome, even in the absence of the G-funk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a brief snippet about Grampy meeting us for the open house. Getting him and PRoney in the same room was enough to make this the best week ever by itself. But I did only get to see him for half an hour, so it's proportionate.

      Delete