Sunday, January 31, 2016

What'd You Do This Week, Kiss Ten Boys??


Lynds & Josh, from FHE.
When they stole my phone.
I feel like this week was chalk-full of adventure, but very little about which I feel I should write. We'll start with Monday. Derek actually took me to the store, so I have lots of delicious food in my house now. I like that about me. I was fashionably late to FHE (although just in time for rootbeer floats), and we were just breaking the ice by voicing our secret obsessions. My whole apartment and our brothers in Zion know me very well, so they just presented me, leaving me with little left to say.

Family History story of the week - Dad always made sure our first solid foods were rootbeer floats. Hence the inordinate amount of pleasure taken from the treat.

Those who felt inclined remained behind to play some Ninja and Werewolf. (Where, as predicted, I was the wolf, Lynds was the witch, and Benson was the Russian peasant girl). And we watched Antman. Again. I don't know about you, but I'm more of a Neocubist kind of gal.
Tuesday's forum was unusually enjoyable. Liz Wiseman spoke on leadership and how when we are unqualified for a job, we tend to execute it more efficiently and effectively because we are forced to put more effort into the preparations. I like that. Being under qualified and overly successful.

How did she know??



Waffle Wednesdays. 'Nuff said.

Lauren came over for yummy bars and got her belated birthday present. Which she guessed in advanced. It was one of about 45 guesses, so pretty decent odds. She also provided excellent insight for my lesson on visiting teaching.

Family History story of the week - I really became friends with Lauren when I was called as her visiting teacher because I called her or saw her every day to make sure she wasn't dead. And if she didn't answer, I would call her mom.




Our basketball team played the soccer team. And crushed them. We're looking pretty good now that I know how to score and our guards know how to work together. One girl, Katie, told me she isn't a great shot, so she looks to me every time. Not mad.

Matt and I had a project we were working on together, so I went over to bring him his part and ended up staying with their apartment and watching YouTube videos until the wee hours of the night. I like having more time for fun. (As opposed to 18h of school + 30h of clinicals + 5h of calling + however many hours of work.)

Friday, Matt and I were so miserable because we had class 7-12, a one hour break, and potentially clinicals from 1-midnight. But in our one hour break, a heavenly message of love came in the form of Benson with some extra pizza. Seriously, highlight of our day. Then we only had to spend nine hours at clinicals instead of eleven, so we made it to the end of our water polo game (which we won).

This is me looking in Matt's ear. We spend every waking hour
together, so it's a good thing we're friends. Otherwise it might
be weird if I palpated his face. 
Saturday, I went to a Hilary Weeks morningside with free waffles afterwards. She talked about having a firm foundation through scriptures and not fearing. I used this as an opportunity to poll the RS public for a game of Family Feud played during my RS lesson on Sunday.

Terrifying. Shoulda run while you had the chance.
My guys, Lyndsey, and I filmed a movie. I can't tell you about it yet, but rest assured that you will see it. And it is terrifying. Benson jokingly pretended to run away when I texted him to prepare himself. Then later wished he had. What good sports! Lynds and I treated us all to chips and salsa and guac afterwards. We all just laid on the floor, exhausted and full.

After some preliminary editing, I made Cole Fox pick me up for a mini mission reunion with my favorite foreigners, Taua and Carre. The real incentive was the crepes, however. Delicious.

Always the good sport, Spider-Cam. 

Today I was the star of church. I feel like this always happens; it's always all or nothing. But I enjoy it. I spoke about Jesus Christ and fasting. And one of the speakers forgot to come to church, so I talked for dayyssss. Brent said I did a good job at alternating ridiculosity with spirituality. I liked that. I figure I'm not so good at keeping the spirit, but maybe I can keep people awake. (Which didn't super work, since Matt fell asleep. If I had known, I would've made him stand up and do jumping jacks. Probably a good thing I didn't notice...)



After a wonderful SS on how to manage finances in relationships, I taught RS. The stories and family feud were a success. There was great discussion. And we had Brandon from the EQ come and give his perspective on things. It felt like a successful day. I was spiritually drained afterwards.

So much laughing. Matt also played his part well. 
My HTs came. My VTs came. I edited some more and joined my guys for a jam session. They are all super talented. Jamon was on cello, Cam had the accordion, Benson was guitar, and Josh was on piano. I alternated between uke and guitar, depending on the chords of the song. And we all sang. It was terribly fun.
And another picture by my favorite artist, T Sizzle. 

1 comment: