Sunday, January 24, 2016

Birthdays for Dayyyyysssss

Highlight of last Sunday night came in the form of a giant ice chunk being placed directly in front of our door. We're talking five feet tall, four inches thick, and three-ish feet wide. People are weird and I'm not even mad.
There it is. 
Monday was MLK day and if you were looking for a festive game to play, you need only look at my last blog post. We celebrated by combining our family with Amy's for dinner at the Sizzler.
I finally achieved my life-long dream. That's right, I got me a
part-time job at the Sizzler!
Favorite. 
Jordan, one of my classmates, usually answers questions in class beginning with the phrase I feel like... Which happens to be one professor's pet peeve. As a gag birthday gift, we made Jordan a shirt with that phrase and a picture of our teacher.
I'm grateful for Ty's participation in this gift. 
He wore it all day. Holla back.
My first basketball game was this week. We crushed it. Too hard, because they're thinking about moving us up a division. Here's the good news though, I actually know how to score now.

Due to the game, I was late to waffle night. And in case I forgot, I had 7 calls and 3 messages from Lyndsie, insisting that my bed was on fire and I had to return immediately to put it out. And then go to waffle night with her. Here's a thing: waffle + peppermint ice cream + syrup. Surprisingly delicious.

Trevor randomly started a family group message with a degrading message. It escalated quickly and beautifully. Here, for your reading pleasure. Please note, this is not for the faint or boring of heart.
Trevor: Y'all is bumjuice.
Naomi: Balderdash, my young lad.
Trevor: Nay I say, tis not balderdash, but is instead manifest in Greg the salty piece.
Naomi: Indeed sir, my sincerest apologies. For methought thou hadst intended to besmirch the names of all your kindred folk. Au contraire, I find myself in accord with they declaration of Greg's salty piecehood.
Greg: ...you guys are the worst.
Naomi: I bite my thumb at you sir.
Trevor: Ah ha good fellow! I would not bequeath that pure disrespect upon thou, it is indeed saved for only the most foul and dusty of my kindred, such as my weeny beeny brotherkin salty piece Gregory who stanketh. Like unto bumjuice.
Kevin: In accordance to his salty piecehood is also his spectacular resemblance to said bumjuice.
Naomi:  Forsooth I know he doth stink for I have smelt him! Ifaith, nary the stench of a thousand bilge rats could compare to the foulest of odors that he hast wrought which do wax increasingly putrescent as the days pass. And his uncanny resemblance to bumjuice doth make the strongest of stomachs feel crapulous for a fortnight.
Trevor: Amen, amen, and be merry, for Greg the petulant's reign shall be at an end: I shall slay him  that stinketh on the morrow and many shall be released from his stenches.
Naomi: Huzzah for the champion who dost not delay his gruesome task, but doth speedily slay the smelly snecklifter and thereby rid the village of our odorous enemy.
Trevor: Huzzah, huzzah, HUZZAH!


Thursday was also the birthday of my best friend, Lauren Bellon. Celebrations occurred. A video was made. Balloons were bought. Party hats were worn. Cafe Rio was eaten. And we went to the Provo City Center Open House. Which was wonderful.

The infamous yummy bars. 
Party car. 
Only saw six people that I knew. Good thing I was the only one
NOT embarrassed by wearing the hats in public. Franchement. 
I ran into PRoney at the open house. (Because him and his buddy, Steve Lund, are in charge of the whole thing.) He gave me a special tour, which included the bridal room because this will probably be my only opportunity to go in there. Haha. I love him with all my heart.
The Wedding Temple. 
Friday I had to take two Anatomy tests. One was a practical on every single bone in the body and all their little scratches and bumps. The other was a written test on their development.

We lost our water polo game by two. BUT, this is good, as Grampy would say. We don't want to look too good and we weren't actually trying super hard. But all the new additions to our team have faith in my abilities now.

Lyndsie lost a bet and had to watch Avatar with her coworkers, so I acted as moral support through several episodes of Kora. Then we hung out with our actual friends, Matt/Benson/Cam, and watched all the good parts of Antman.

Saturday I finished filming Hunger Juegos. You'll see it eventually. Kassie came over and we chatted for a while. I practiced my accordion, which is coming along, you could say. And Lyndsie showed me Austenland, which was an amusing film.
Wore this at church today.

No comments:

Post a Comment