Sunday, January 3, 2016

Wow, I Haven't Seen You Since Last Year! and other awful jokes.

While this was the week of relaxing and preparation, tomorrow I wear black to officially commemorate the death of free time, sleep, and New Years resolutions. Seeing as I haven't made any official resolutions, however, it's hard for them to die. I figure life is one eternal round and just make goals on my own schedule, rather than my calendar's. Still working on my pull-up ability and I knew that wouldn't come to fruition within a year's time.
New Years: I ran miles. I stopped at Greg's apartment on the way back, where I had planted some bubbly and planned on leftover chili existing. We watched Inception and toasted to our perpetual singleness, the emperor Kuzco, and the new year. Andrew was only a little mad that I used his blanket when I was really sweaty. I showered. Then Greg, Bryson (mission buddy), and I met up with some friends at the Jazz game in SLC. It was aiight. We had fun being sassy to each other and begging for the practice of some solid, basic basketball on the court. Then I met Lauren for a dance party. At midnight, a ceilingful of balloons were dropped and "Shut Up and Dance" (aka my jam) started playing. And I took Lauren to my house for a sleepover, which was much more comedic after she took NyQuil.
Derek was the only one of us four to NOT get the Man Card. Srs.
Things I did do this week were spend a lot of time with Lauren and Rachel May. I like them. Whether it's late night Just Dance workouts, enhancing the quote book via gospel discussions, rescuing Greg from the MOA, or spending my gift certificates, it's always a good time, full of laughter. Just how I like it. I got everything I need for the moment and paid an arm and a leg to do it (between tuition, books, food, and rent...). I did sell one of my old text books to some poor soul taking physics this semester. I also worked out a lot. Today, my bottom has been reminding me of that fact. It really gives new meaning to the expression 'butt-hurt'. The fourth installment of the 25-part squid painting series has commenced, so look forward to that, as well as the second installment of How to Pull A Handcart 101, my emergency preparedness video series. The videos will continue despite my new calling, which I was officially told not to announce yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment