Sunday, January 10, 2016

Feed the Fire. Fan the Flames.

School. I still love my classes. I’m taking advanced physiology and advanced anatomy this semester, which may or may not be the death of me. The only other super challenging class will be my weights class. I am accustomed to high intensity iron pumping. This class, however, is more akin to yoga. By the end of the class, we’re going to be doing planks for over three minutes. It’s hard in a different way.
This kid is the spitting image of Kylo Ren.
Except blonde and shorter hair. We call him 'Spike'. 
Work. I quit my paid job due to the variability in my hours and have determined to research scholarships for three hours a week in place. Hopefully, I’ll make more money that way. My clinical assignment at Provo High School is ballin’ because there’s a lot more kids and thus a lot more injuries. (That said, also a lot more wimps.) The problem is just the variability and duration of the hours.

Romance. (Of other people). Derek’s fiancée, Shennsley visited this week and slept at my apartment. Otherwise I might never have seen her. Verdict: I like her. Also, Derek stinks at wedding planning. And decision making. And everything, really. Good thing I trust Shannon to keep him on track.
 



















Family. We had a surprise dinner at Ben’s house so that all family + significant others could meet Derek’s elusive bride-to-be. I brought Lauren. It was delicious and fun and terrifying. (That last part is mainly just talking about Tanner’s mustache. Might have to start calling him Dink again.)





















Church. Despite my adamancy of the Spirit’s witness that I should keep my calling, I didn’t. I’m now RS Counselor #2. Holla back. That’s what you get for being the visiting teacher of the new president. I feel a tad out of place at meetings, since anything that comes out of my mouth is dripping with sarcasm and attitude. I did start filming a new movie for my old calling. Let the emergency preparedness continue. I also did initiatories at the temple. #righteous

AT Basketball chillin'. The real life. 
Sports. I went to 2 basketball games this week. We’re killin’. I learned that in order to be considered active, the LEAST amount of exercise you can do is either moderate activity (walking fast) 30min/5days OR vigorous activity (jogging) 20min/3 days AND weight lifting 2 days (8-10 exercises, 10-12 reps) each week. Don’t worry I’m active. Are you?
Roommate pictures: something to
look forward to. 
 Culture. This category normally doesn’t exist, but we’ll make an exception this week. There was free food and a Norman Rockwell exhibit at the MOA, so I took my British tour guide Nigel (aka Matt, my AT buddy) and my Australian tour guide Steve (aka Benson, who’s “hot as a box of animal crackers”).  I also attended my temple buddy, Cam’s concert at the Velour. Their band is called RKDN and they’re pretty good.  Kassie Schreiber, my mission daughter, and Clayn Smith, my roommate’s brother went.


Cam's my friend on the drum set that you can't see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment