Sunday, April 17, 2016

A Condescending Con Descending

You are only as good as the quantity of free stuff you get. If that was true, I'd be golden. When Kevin visited, he complained that it seemed like Derek and Greg had girls constantly supplying them with food. Then he starved for four days. Meanwhile, if there's ever a point where you have too much free food, I'm at it. (Still not sure the point exists, however.)
Monday was my last day of class and my final exam in 'Injury Evaluation of the Upper Extremity'. Tuesday was everyone else's last day of class and my class and clinical finals in Anatomy. Half of my other classes ended ages ago, leaving me with only three exams during finals week.
Reading day 1. I made half the study guide for Ex Phys. The fam started a group FB chat where we shared funny memes until Hannah pulled up the old meme of Moriah that we made at Christmas and some ridiculous pics of Kevin. Then all the archives were opened for some hilarious flashback meme creations. Unfortunately for all others, I am the only one with archival access. Suckers.
After clinicals, we finally had our "Concussion and Chill" sesh with Aaron, our teacher. We ordered pizza and brought soda and all the fixing for S'mores and Starbursts. Then we all piled into his theater room and got really comfortable for the movie Concussion, where Will Smith does a dang good Nigerian accent. I left with a pizza and half, a 2L bottle of pink lemonade, a bag of starbursts, the equivalent weight of my head in chocolate.
Reading Day 2. Aka my birthday. I went to a review session with unlimited donuts, bagels, OJ, and chocolate milk. It was delightful. Then I finished the study guide for Ex Phys. I went to clinicals. Then I took Christina, my lovely roommate, to the senior send-off AT party. Where we had unlimited make-your-own tacos with drinks and desserts and Cafe Rio sauce. I was surprised to see Draper, Davidson (Ex Phys teacher), and Steve (football AT) there. It was nice because I got to talk to Draper about a potential research idea, Davidson about the upcoming exam, and initiate my relationship with Steve. Where I hugged him and told him he'd be lucky if I was the guest speaker. Emarie visited later with a large basket of treats, in addition to the large muffins my VTs brought over.
Friday I took both of my unscheduled finals and still made it out in time for the varsity soccer games. Where some kid got clotheslined, two kids fractured skulls, another got punched, several sprained ankles, and a few almost-fights. What an exciting game, although a little rough. But we are the #1 team in the state, so we can expect some violence.
Saturday I studied for my last exam, scheduled for Monday. It was rough. I am just done. I packed up just a little because it's already stressing me out. Then Christina, Derek, and I went up to Park City, where Mal has a time share at a resort. We spent a good couple of hours talking to Collin and his wife about traveling, robots taking over the world, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Then I showered.
How I feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment