Sunday, April 24, 2016

Homeless

This week has been simultaneously crazy busy and not at all. My last final was over by 11:45 on Monday. I went to clinicals just to help out and turn in my keys, only then realizing that one of the keys was missing from my wallet. Having several previous instances where essentially nonstop praying and searching has eventually led me to find misplaced items, I wasn't too concerned. In need of a reunion before "Naomi goes to Connecticut, Chels might be going to England, and Lauren might die", the squad congregated at Ho'o's place for some revelations, cookies, and Hand and Foot (obv). The least shocking revelations to me included the fact that Lauren B plays the flute and Mandy has secretly been married for two months.

Lauren and I are still reigning champs at Hand and Foot.
Tuesday morning was spent with Greg and Derek at the old Provo temple. I love the temple and I love them. I love that we can always laugh, regardless of the subject of conversation. It is a delight and a joy to me. Although not to the female temple workers. I don't know if I've been to the Provo temple yet without being reprimanded for something. I cling to the notion that laughing and enthusiasm will not only be accepted, but encouraged in the Kingdom of God. And what a glorious place that must be!
There goes the RS budget. You're welcome.
Wednesday. I ran to the Student Health Center to get clearance to play sports. Irony. The nurse made a point of telling me that I didn't smell too bad. Thanks...? Afterwards, I prepared for our RS BBQ. Basically our president informed me on Sunday that we had $110 of our budget leftover that we needed to spend. No problemo. An hour after the BBQ was waffle night. I just can't say no to free food.

I was happy. Said all attendees.
Thursday was move-out day. In between everything else all week, I'd been packing and donating things to D.I. and returning things to friends and worrying somewhere deep in the recesses of emotion about where I would store everything and then live until I could fly home. Also where that key was. I sorted it out by moving most of my stuff into the basement of the blue house, next to the yellow house I'll be living in during the fall. One of my future roommates went home for a week, so I'm crashing in her conveniently vacant room. 

All of my possessions,
minus one suitcase and a backpack. 
Friday, I was talked into an early morning hike. Like 3am early. After staying up late to clean, this wasn't my favorite idea. Plus I hate hiking. Go figure. But I did the 6 miles with minimal complaints and maximal stumbling into bushes. It was lovely and serene at the top and I quite enjoyed that. 

Ryan on the left, Brandon on my right, and the three girls are
all named after countries: Belgiqua, Italia, Francia. 
I made it back to Provo in time to cover Christina's shift at her work. She helps a boisterous and strong-willed 9-year-old that his teachers can't handle in conjunction with all their other students. I convinced him to do 3 worksheets in exchange for playing Monopoly for the rest of the day. Then I showered and slept for an eternity.



Saturday I played catch-up with Rachel May for a bit. Then Lauren and I went to ImprovBroadway because I got a free ticket. It was quite enjoyable and I, as always, was impressed at their ability to think on the spot. They're kind of different because they do a lot of musicals. 

They started with a musical about doing an animal puzzle in which a man refused to give back the puzzle's final piece unless the puzzler agreed to become the man's slave. The wife, by association was also a slave, as well as their unborn child. But, in an unforeseeable plot twist, the doctor had removed a piece of the baby and refused to give it back unless the slave owner released his servants. 



There was also a rap play about a husband who always gets his wife the wrong thing and finally agrees to let her get a puppy. But then every puppy store they go to is owned by the same creepy man and they even try to go to Canada to get a puppy, but he's there too. To finish up, the improv group did renditions of "Brozen" in ye olde Shakespearean english and Fatladdin, again, Broadway style. The best parts are when the actors just make fun of each other and themselves. 
Update on my green thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment