Sunday, June 5, 2016

Flossoraptors and Others Dinosaurs

Life seems a lot less stimulating when you've got a 9 to 5 job. It takes up a large portion of your day with the same stuff, week after week. The only news this week is that I've been promoted to unofficial good news gatherer of the interns to counteract the kid that has claimed the duty of keeping us up to date on all worldly progress.

Monday was a holiday. Let freedom ring. And by that I mean freedom from all governmental responsibilities because you know we didn't have school or work. Instead, I helped Lavinia pick out some clothes for her birthday and had a BBQ.


Theme of the week: teeth. Hannah got her wisdom teeth out and I don't know what kind of drugs they had her on, but they were strong. And she was hilarious. I went to the orthodontist again and he was on one, and it didn't seem like he really knew what he was doing. Xander not only broke his braces again, but he chipped his tooth off in some kind of freak accident that seems to be commonplace for him. And in other news, who put those teeth in the milk behind the toilet?? The world may never know.

Kelloggius and The Chin are away on business, so we got the run of the house. Kids have to get their own rides to sports, we all take turns making dinner, the house gets cleaned regularly, and fun is had. Just like the good old days. And I get to sleep in a real bed, so, not mad about that.


Trev, Hannah, Moriah, and I went to Kevin's POPs Concert. The award for the best song musically goes to Chamber's "The Ballad of Sweeney Todd". Award for the best presentation goes to Final Cut's "Dude Looks Like a Lady". All is right in the world. And Kevin is happy because he was in both groups.
Photo cred: Funcle Aaron.
After dropping Hannah off at a friend's house in RI, the girls and I made the rest of the trip up to Funcle Aaron's house for a BBQ and boating. I forgot about the existence of water sports and their abundant availability in Northborough. Nevertheless, Moriah panicked on a boat, Lavinia swam in a lake, Isabelle went tubing, I tried my knees at knee boarding, and Anna actually succeeded. Many thanks to Aaron for a day well spent.


Upon our return, the kids were fed and bathed while I went running. Then I was fed and bathed. We all relaxed and watched Jurassic World on the big screen. 10/10 would watch again. Especially if I had some more PB/Chocolate ice cream to feast on.


No comments:

Post a Comment