Sunday, December 18, 2016

Snow Zombies Galore

It was my last week at the Provo Singles Ward and so it was time for my get-to-know-you interview / tithing settlement with the Bishop. Apparently he thinks I need more responsibility. Please no, please no, my life is full of it.

And...pose!
While the majority of the week was spent in the daily monotony of clinicals, exams, and studying, here are a few things of note: I did remarkably well on my physics test. Afterwards, I spent several hours helping ACon study for hers. I finished an 8 page French paper on the importance of breaking out of black-and-white thinking patterns to recognize compromises and gray areas. I finished all my school work by Wednesday at 9am. Freedom.

Westes was telling me about how his family would gather each morning at 7 for breakfast, like a real-life, perfect-family movie scene. I really love the idea of that. Because we had extra time and extra perishable food, we decided to try it out here. We got Hannah and the little brown girl to come eat eggs and smoothies and french toast and pancakes with us in the mornings. It was a nice way to start the day.

...If you're looking for a good game of Uno, look no farther.

I went to a spin class at VASA that was pretty fun. The instructor works in the media department for BYU Sports. She's also super pregnant. And a way good instructor - really puts a lot of effort into her program and it shows.

With all my free time, I also hung out with my old friend, Ryan, and all his current roommates. For a long time. Now that I don't live at the Elms, it feels like I don't have the right to just walk into peoples' apartments like I used to. Jokes on me, though. I can. It was nice to catch up after a crazy semester.

Yeah... Rip his arms off!

I finally flew home with Greg, having been dropped off at the airport by his lovely roommate, Andrew. Greg did NOT wake me up for the snacks, so I was real hungry. I also, apparently, have a doppelgänger. And her aunt was on the flight to PVD with us, so we had fun talking to her for a while. And NOT saving seats for our friends Dax and Alex on the same flights...

Lavinia gave me a card with an acrostic poem of my name, including "okward" and "uncooperative". Then Greg and I went to the Ledyard Holiday Concert, which, unfortunately, has only gone downhill. I confess myself disappointed.

Wow. If only you could see the army of pygmy snowmen marching towards us.

After several hours of children chatting, I went to bed so I could have energy to build so many snowmen on Saturday. Calvin and Hobbes style. Moriah, Greg, Xander, Isabelle, Lavinia, and I teamed up to build a slew of carrot-nosed men, only to have them destroyed by the rain within a day.

After a quick errand with Moriah, I took the childies to see Rogue 1. Classic ending. Greg boogyswaggled us with the Sprite and popcorn, but it was a good time with Trev, Greg, Chris, and Xander. Also, I busted in right past the ticket-taker. He was powerless to stop me.

Shock and awe. That was SHOCKingly AWful.

And guess who got here that night? Derek and Shennsley. But only after several near-accidents of both their lives and bowels.

Sunday, the girls came with me to the Kramers' house in Cromwell. We ate crepes and enjoyed the company of another large family who plays basketball together every Christmas.

I wish this was clearer. Straight outta the comics. 


No comments:

Post a Comment