Sunday, January 1, 2017

How do you know so much about swallows?

It was a pretty chill week. Mostly I hung out with Moriah, family MVP. She’s delightful and crazy and a fun diversion to the less fun work I’ve been doing. She’s helped me film some funny videos, accompanies me on library runs, and is always good for a game of Uno. She hugs me lots.

Who's your favorite mom? Uh...Mom. Oh, you mean Kelly D. Hutchins?
This week, she told Hannah and I, “You guys are fun. Like really, really fun.” She also asks for “the crusty crust” on a regular basis – meaning warm, crusty baguettes dipped in oil and spices. I made it once over the summer and she’s currently obsessed.

Did you know this was a thing? The old Xandino, following in my footsteps.
Moriah isn’t a big movie watcher, but for some reason she loved watching Star Wars with me on the big screen (in our family room) over the summer. She also doesn’t mind watching things on my computer or phone, apparently. I had the idea that she might appreciate Monster’s Inc. We’re 2 watches in and she’s retaining the story line fairly well.
 
Ignore my sickly-looking legs and gaze at my scruggly family.
I like them medium to high amounts.
A family activity of the break is the game Injustice. Pretty sure I’m currently the most successful, thanks to a lucky mystery character I bought who is boss. It’s simple to learn, easy to progress, and fun to compare with each other. Even Greg is playing.

It looks better in the sunshine, promise. Still pretty cool.
We visited the temple on Thursday. It was delightful being in the Hartford temple, with its colonial theme in the heart of such a historic part of the country. I also saw my alternate family, the Cramers. Also, the Bells were practically throwing cookies at us as we left. It was just so good. I love temples. Then the Chin took us out to a gourmet hamburger joint, which was also good.

Friday I dropped Hannah off at the airport and cruised on up to MA for Emily’s bball game, Aaron’s reffing, and Adam’s beard. I killed Mason at mini PIG and died last minute in our Oregon Trail card game. The only reason I even got close was because I was at meager rations, grueling pace.

My older and much wiser cousin. Who is willing to pay Mason NOT to
 shoot me with his new nerf guns. What a champ.
At various times, we looked over Guilt. In total, there are more than 3000 guilts possible. Also most of the game is relevant to the older half of the family, so I had to teach the younger kids some of our legacy.
I wish this kid was around a bit more often. If I ever make it up to Bar Harbor...
I spent New Years Eve morning on a run. Then at the local soup kitchen with everyone except the Chin, who backed out early because he thought there were too many helpers. Little did he know, once things got kicking, we were zooping around like headless chickens. We played Shannon’s game King of Tokyo, which is pretty fun. We ended with the NYE classic, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, drank some Martinelli’s, and were in bed by 12:04.

This family is a bunch of straight noodles. They’re always wigging around, playing pillow ball, and then taking communal naps all over the house. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment