Sunday, January 22, 2017

It Make Sense That Satan Would Control the Snow.

MLK day last week. I didn't have a chance to do a new game of Who Said It: MLK or Black Rapper?, so if you want to play, you'll just have to search up previous entries. Still one of my favorite games though.
Here's a nice picture from the Church History Museum.
And here's me face swapping with it.
Monday was a day off, so what did I do? I went to VASA and did a kick-butt power pump class that was wayyy harder than last Saturday. Then I did some HW, watched some movies, made myself some quality popcorn, and got my new calling to the publicity council (meaning I have to help make programs for church services = CAKE).
UT in the snow, as seen from a
car window while I was driving.

Tuesday I helped my Physics buds BOOK through our lab and we finished half an hour early and the TAs actually let us go because we were thorough and I had a Walleyball game. They say it's easier for me since I already took the physics class, but so far everything we've done is super basic, so I'm not sure that's it.
My favorite picture to face swap with.

Let me tell you about Walleyball. You go into a sweaty enclosed room with only a rabbit hatch entry. The entire place is a cesspool of sweat and grime, also known as the racquetball courts. We lost, mostly because of our inexperience with the game, but I'm not even mad.
Real gold Moroni. The one on the DC temple is over 20' tall.

Thursday, I did a bunch of HW and read some books. I love that iBooks offers free books all the time, because before now I've never felt a strong enough desire to sign up for a library card here. The only problem is that only the first book in the series is free, then I have to decide if I want to buy the others. Which I've done twice now, with plans to read the other series in hard copy first.
I watched the inauguration. Change is hard.
Presidents need a lot of support.
Friday I did a workout class at VASA in the morning, taught by an old mission chum, Soeur Mod. It was my favorite yet-super fun, challenging, and doable. And I felt sore for many moons afterwards.
This desk was PAINTED to look like 3 different
materials, by children. 

In celebration of my best friend's birthday, the whole gang got rounded up for some Cafe Rio. (During which I had some serious talks with Ho'o about possibly moving to Arizona.) We played Hand and Foot, although I was a little off, and had a sleepover with the more dedicated crew. After some early morning protein shakes, we set off through the snow for our own homes.
My favorite picture. I like the whole 2-partness of it.

And by that I mean, I borrowed Greg's car and went shopping, made yummy bars, and went to SLC to get a tour from Lauren at the Church History Museum, where she volunteers. The Chin would have loved it - and also the re-vamped Family History Center, from what I hear.
Here we are. In all our friendshippy glory. Love.

I ended the weekend with Papusas and a member of my favorite crepe-eating family. Also church, where ACon tried to pawn her talk off on me. Also here's half of the poem I wrote for Lauren:

The situation warrants this ode to Lauren, that’s Bellon, specified
She’s a food storage storing, near-translated Mormon, Catholic traitor on the side
She’ll recite all of Toy Story, each detail in glory, or take a rotisserie style shower,
She has Rigby-like health, moves with Mexican stealth, recites church history facts for hours
A temple/world guide, iced peas on her eyes from pre-birthday cries
Yet she somehow manages to look just fine. All the time.
She loves Malt Shoppe fries and EFY and weirdo guys
Her numbers are eights and never prime. That’s crazy.
Almost as bad as what she’d do for a baby. This lady.
She’s a bum poem rhymer, a Y mountain climber,
But please just let her change your kid’s diaper
(You won’t ever get that child back, that’s fact)
Eating corn, shorts worn, loves that one picture of Lucy Mack
She’s got a car, Orson it’s called, oh, the number of times that it’s stalled!
And she likes her tires how she likes her men: bald.
She loves my ants (aunts) and loves to pants and loves to dance
Though it’s unstable, she’ll only ever shake it on top of my table
Hand and Foot winning, wedding dress pinning,
Heaven help us when she’s due for a sinning.
She’s a flute playing gal, my very best pal, hold on, I’m only beginning
She loves the ward and loves the Lord and bubble swords
To brandish,
She tells lies and they’re always outlandish.
She’s a clothes-hole cutter, will help me clean clutter, but only if it’s late
Racko in a boat, writing down quotes, she accidentally goes out on dates
She’s usually pleasant, would be a Russian peasant
And there used to be yummy bars left on this plate.
She’s a Hawaiian-shirt wearer, a country swing-darer, love-life declaring
Ready for childbearing kind of a girl. Oh yeah, and she hurls.
Just a bit more often than I would care to admit. For reals.
She loves Thailand, and her favorite man has caused some trauma
A delicious slice, he played the Christ and dresses in pajamas
It’s either that or steal Derek, put his wife in hysterics, and start the drama.
But in the end, there are plenty of men, including one tempting offer.
We joke of forcing all courters through courses
To see how well they could handle their horses. On a 1-10 scale.
And without fail, that man would derail if her wedding location ended in ‘jail’.
But if the Fifes won’t take us to wife, we just might be doomed to a cat-centered life.
A severe exema outbreaker, state committee job-taker, all-time secret keeper
Peru mission-faker, white ISIS memory-maker, nun-loving Sacrament speaker
She’s into music video busting and liking not lusting
I finally understand how she feels when she’s bloated
Say something funny? She wrote it, it’s noted.
You think Trump is bad? Just ask her what her favorite quote is.
She’s a blood hand washer, an avid Drake and Josher,
And with her single pair of pants couldn’t get much posher.
She’ll smoke the night away, to this day, it’s Ethel not Mae, lemon juice spray,
Checking to see if we’re all ok, when Mandy gets back, she’s the one that’s not gay, a sunshining ray,
A happy birthday, why are the old men all winking “hey”
But wait. There’s still more to say. She’s lovely and funny and wild.
Not to be trusted when naming your child.
She loves late-night adventures, Thomas might wear dentures. Her hair is always impeccably styled.
And she uses that voice as she creepily sings: I can show you incredible things.
Scary mary by day, Midriff Monday to Freedom Friday, Wish that I had pie today, Wish that I had a guy today, Wish that I could buy today, all the things that fill your dreams....
Half of those things are terrifying, but I’d get them all for you.

If I wouldn’t be sent into crippling debt. So this poem will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment