Sunday, January 15, 2017

Too Skinny. Not Good For Bearing Sons.

Sunday was my first day back in the ward and apparently we had to retake all of our pictures so they'd be matching in style. Luckily for me, my friend Ryan was taking them, so he hooked me up with a good one. Luckily for him, I actually got to go to SS and sent him updates the entire time based on whatever I was thinking about during the lesson. Needless to say, it was entertaining if not spiritually enlightening.

Tanner picked us up in his low-rider for family dinner at Ben's. It was delicious, as always. Although Hays didn't make a thousand cupcakes for us to devour this time. Funcle Aaron was there and led a game of Expose Yourself (please, there are ladies present!). Um, why does everyone think my dream car is a 15-passenger van?? Been there.

Ahh, family. Isn't about...time?

Monday marked the start of a new school year and I already hate it. I got special permission to skip two of my classes about 70% of the time because they interfere with my clinical assignment. The first 3 days of the week, I have night classes that are 3 hours long (but only once a week). After the Monday one, I went to our ward combined FHE volleyball, chips/salsa, and rootbeer float fest. I like it better when everyone has separate FHEs and only the dedicateds go to our ward sporting events.

Ryan's apartment is back to holding Waffle Wednesdays. That's how we became friends. Also I kept asking who he loved. I'm glad we're friends now because his whole apartment is so delightful. And they feed me on a regular basis.

In other news, the football training room is having a rough time. Our 14 experienced trainers were replaced with 7 less experienced ones who should know stuff, but don't know how to help someone stretch their hamstring... Also our secretary quit last minute for another job. So it's been a bit rough. There are two guys working PT with me that are fairly competent, so it could be worse.

You want to know what couldn't be worse?? By the time my intramural appointment rolled around, all the inner tube water polo schedules were sold freaking out. What. I think I found a team at this point and it'll be nice not to be the captain, but also I want to win.

I spend a lot of my free time doing HW to stay ahead in my classes. Especially the ones that I don't go to. Also studying for the BOC, and by its very nature, the QuizBowl at RMATA in April. Where we will win this year or die trying. And if we're in a van with Aaron again, the dying thing may be more serious of a threat than you think.

Also Series of Unfortunate Events season 1 came out on Netflix Friday. It's way delightful, a word which here means funny, true to the books, and enjoyable to watch despite all the terribly unfortunate events that occur in the lives of the Baudelaire orphans. I would know. I've already watched the whole thing.

And, because I have no other pictures for this week,
here's a picture of the necklace Austin Chambers bit to find out if it was real.
Verdict: Too smooth.
The Breakfast Club remains at large. We met at 7am sharp on Friday to cook up some breakfast burritos together. It's a nice way to start the day- good friends and good food.

Joshie Boy and friend Caleb went ice skating for a long time on Friday. That makes twice now that I've been on the ice. And still, I'm only really good when I go pretty fast. The guys kept trying to teach me technique, but all I have now are some nice bruises and sore hip flexors to show for my efforts.

The next morning, I went to a HIT-style class with Little Brown Girl at VASA. It wasn't bad, but my whole body was sore from skating, so it was hard to tell. I went to the tennis match for one game until they served the free pizza. Then I left to do other important things.

Like go to Joel Zae's house warming party in Orem. It was fun, except I didn't want to talk to new people, so I just played old-style Mario and ate pizza bites with Dragon and Matt. Joel told me that way more boys would be there than girls, so I should just pose sensuously and wait for them to flock, but I went home instead. Then I watched Gatsby and colored.

No comments:

Post a Comment