Sunday, March 26, 2017

What other words start with "dia"? Diarrhea.

Funny story of the week: Once when I was seven years old, I got some weird rash on my arms and legs and the parentals were freakinggggg out wondering what it was. I told them it was probably an allergic reaction to sunscreen. Partially because I hated wearing sunscreen, partially because I had put some on the day before and it made sense to my seven-year-old mind.

Flash forward to present day, where I haven’t really worn sunscreen since, except on rare occasions where it’s a special kind. Frankly, I think I made that whole thing up as an excuse to never have to put on sunscreen again.

Well joke’s on me, because it’s a very real allergy. Last Friday in St. George, my calves were burning up, so I put on some normal sunscreen. Mistake. Mistakes have been made. By Monday, I had itchy hives all over my legs. By Wednesday, my sinuses were so bad I couldn’t breathe and couldn’t think and probably did really poorly on my pharmacology test. That’s the worst it got because starting at noon, I had plenty of time to sleep it off. But we’ll get back to that.

Um, this is a no judgment zone, but Hutch, don't you want to
dress up?? -Chris
While all this was developing, I was trying to finish a week’s worth of HW, including a 10 page paper and studying for this crazy hard pharm test. I met with my coworker about our research job, got cleared for graduation, made and printed an educational pamphlet on BYU’s AT program, and met with my chem teacher to learn 2 class’ worth of material in advance. I hung out with Trey for like 20 minutes and went on a run before I started dying.

I'm just gonna pull it out and urinate on it. -Aaron
Wednesday I left for CO’s annual RMATA meeting. We had two whole vans of students go this year! Naturally, all the fourth semesters took a van to ourselves. I slept most of the way, thanks to some antihistamine/decongestant. People kept praying for me to not die. You know what that means…immortality.

What about the deep heat between Matt and Hutch in the hot tub last night? -Aaron
Aside from great educational classes (which it was still really hard for me to focus on), highlights of Thursday included a face-to-face meeting with potential boss, a DISMAL quizbowl showing, and hot tub that helped me breathe normally.

When you get skunked at quiz bowl, but at least you have pizza.
The Student Symposium wasn’t as good as last year’s. Mainly because the Student Senate didn’t listen to any of my ideas and kept scheduling meetings during my classes. Draper was disappointed there wasn’t even a taping contest. My guy Randy Cohen did a really good presentation on concussion tx, we cheered Draper so hard at his diathermy class, and I taught Wyatt how to get lots of free swag from the vendors.

Quality cartoons from my guy, Randy.
The BYU crew went to Rodizio’s for dinner. Which is like Tucanos, but at least twice as expensive, judging from the bill. It was good. And obviously I sat next to Draper, who wrecked me so hard the whole night. It’s all in good fun, but he had a few zingers. The more I get to know Naomi, the more I wish I had died of my heart attack. WHAT??? Haha. I love him.

Is Naomi in this van? Okay, make room for me in the other one!
Saturday half of our crew stayed for the classes, while the other half chilled at the hotel all morning (not really sure what THAT was about…). We started playing a game kind of like the dictionary game, but in an app called Psych. I won J

He's a little young for you. I guess that's why
they call you sleazy Veazey. -Aaron
A few girls saw the name George Karl on our agendas on Thursday and were freaking out ever since. Then we found out THE George Karl, ex-coach of the Denver Nuggets was really coming as our keynote speaker. So we sat front row and got pictures with him before the RMATA board could even pluck up the courage to talk to him. You’re welcome, chicas.
Coor's Light can taste like champagne if you win and piss if you lose. -George
Zach and the kids drove up to Denver for some pizza and skate park time with Cousin Naomi. And nobody even got bumcrushed. Ruth instantly trusted me. Alara never did. We played duck duck goose. Good family time. And their van really does have flames on it.

I did some work while everyone else went to dinner. Then we all watched Aladdin and I got voted best cuddler by Larsen and Emily. Who’da thunk.

One nine hour car ride and a lot of tissues had me landed back in Provo, at almost my normal status.

No comments:

Post a Comment