Sunday, April 16, 2017

Birthday Extravaganza: I'm 24.

Remember how I'm the biggest mooch ever? Well Brady and I decided our motto as Athletic Trainers is Never Satisfied. And that's why we convinced our lovely massage therapists (Steph & Viv) to make us Navajo Tacos. If you've never had them, you need to.

I finished both my physics labs and had an exit interview. The Senioritis is real. I don't know how exams are going to go... Luckily I only have two of them.

My chemistry TA didn't think this was as funny as I did. Too bad.
I went to a Senior Career Bootcamp with the Life Science department. By that I mean I did my HW on campus for two hours in exchange for a box of Dominos pizza and a t shirt.


Dallin, Andrew, and I did our "high-stakes" proposal for our writing class. It was actually kind of risky because I didn't think the parameters our professor made were very applicable to our future professions, so we went a little outside the box. She loved it. And our matching BYU polos.

The EXSC department had a luncheon for graduating students. And the food was awesome. True to our form, there was a very succinct presentation of awards, lots of chatting amongst tables, and as much food as you can eat.

I dedicate this joke to all my friends who've long since passed their 70th birthdays.
I went to the temple. I like the temple. It helps me clear my thoughts and relax the frustration I get from school and people and whatever else.

Taylor & I ordered Chips. This is a late-night snack company that delivers 4 giant cookies and a liter of ice-cold milk right to your door between the hours of 8pm and 2am. It will be happening again.

Good times. 

I got my first pedicure ever, as per the recommendation of the entire football team. It was nice. Rachel May and I got to catch up on our lives and I already messed up my nail polish. What did I expect.

Lauren and I went to the most wonderful dinner ever at the Roof. The entire place was like a breath of fresh air. The food was to die for and endless. Our table was right next to the window with a breathtaking view. The whole atmosphere was just lovely and relaxing and wonderful. And, of course, the company was delightful. Best birthday ever.

Real perfection though. Words cannot express.

Saturday we had our quidditch tournament, Clash of the Wasatch. We mixed up teams with the other 3 UT teams. Nate Western picked me 4th round for whatever reason for the pink team, which I made him switch to green. The sass is real.

Just a convo between me and Nate Western.

It was going really well until 5 minutes in, I tore my LCL. Among maybe other things. Then I just hung out and cheered on my team and acted as a medic. We had a few concussions and an ankle, but nothing crazy. I made Matt come check me out and then he played on my team for me.

We got lunch at Matt's ward activity and came back for more games. It was a fun day, but I felt weird sitting out and crutching around. I think it'll hit me Monday...

Brennan found this picture of me on the website for BYU minors. 
After the tournament, Jacob came over for a bit and we did our HW outside. It was nice. He's a lovely human and I like chatting with him. Even if he doesn't go to basketball. Or make guacamole.

Matt picked me up so we could go to the QD after party at Evan's pool. It was nice. I still felt weird that I couldn't do anything, but it was nice to hang out with everyone.

Hannah stayed home so she could clean our room all day. We watched Remember the Titans and I fell asleep to one of the best movies ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment