Sunday, November 19, 2017

WISDOM

Ask and ye shall receive: This is a real principle. Ninety percent of my life is only possible because I unabashedly ask for things. Like food. 

  • Cookies and fries. We were at FHE this week (frisbee/volleyball), and I was looking forward to there being cookies. I expressed my disappointment at the lack thereof and we jokingly asked our leaders for cookies and some kind of nacho fries. John and Bart (team MVP's) eagerly agreed and took us out for second dinner. Love them. They still aren't invited to Fight Club.
MVPs though. 
  • Computer hacking skills. Rather than actual monetary compensation for my personal training services, Peter is trading me for coding lessons. Because I asked. So if my blog gets to be really posh and high-tech, that's why. I'm excited for yet another useful skill. 
  • Ice cream and French. Saturday Stake Conference was B-O-M-B. Hugo - funniest Spaniard you've never met. And there was some clutch ice cream afterwards and (per my request) Andrew Deppe hooked me up with seconds. And the mustached stake food guy got me thirds. AND Andrew introduce me to Noah, who just got back from Congo Kinshasa and speaks beautiful French and (per my request) talked to me for a long time and that's the story of the best day of my life. 


  • Old people and KOTD. Jackie hooked me up with some inpatient volunteer hours. Highlight: this 90+ year old woman saw my Jordan's and could not STOP commenting on how classy they looked and asking details on pricing/how to purchase. Can't wait for her to start rolling around the hospital in these suckers. But emphasis on the hookup. 

Christmas cards with her little family. 

  • Spiritual blessings. This is a twofer. First, I refused to attend Institute until Rod asked me to come. (For normal humans, it might be more enticing to have a peer invite you, but not this kid.) And second, the missionaries asked Heidi's fiancé when he wanted to be baptized and now it's a real thing. Ask hard questions. Another great example: Who do you love?
  • Directions to the Kitchen. I'm never afraid to ask for directions because I'm the literal worst navigator even with Google and Apple maps. Which is good, because both attempted to lead me astray on my way to a colleague's birthday party with homemade enchiladas and wings. Obviously, not something I'm boutta miss out on. 
  • Videography and Titling. Things to look forward to - a pokémon themed original rap with music video. And SO to Autumn, Keaton, and Cenita for helping a sister out when asked. 
Ketchum All: coming to a YouTube near you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment