Sunday, November 26, 2017

ChinGear

Just three days of ten hour shifts this week and I was cruising. 

Just three hours of driving before Greg sent me the hotel address I was headed for. 

Just another two hours of driving before I realized the address he sent me was in Yuma, AZ. 

And another four before I finally made it to LA. 

"Our family is so strange, we should be
cast in
Stranger Things as the demigorgons."

Thanksgiving was tight in the cramped studio apartment, but it was with the Chins, so no complaints. We watched movies and stopped watching movies so we could watch more movies. We ate food and we played games - including Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Flux, and a trivia game. 

The signature manspread. 
I started Shan's favorite book series while the rest of the family played. I'm like the Derek of books - I stop reading books so I can read more books. Not even mad. 

We took D's car to the shop and he borrowed Alex (mine) for the weekend. She needs an oil change prettttyyy bad, but I wasn't anticipating so much driving on this trip. 

Those tortillas sustained us.
First Hollywood adventure was to the Observatory, from which we had a beautiful view of the sunset and Hollywood signs. I like seeing the close-up slow-mo's of the sun surface. And the night sky. Even if I fell asleep during the presentation. 

The inception of ChinGear started here. Get ready for family reunion gear. 

"They sure did do a a good job of hiring people:
a lot of them look like little trolls."
Universal was an adventure to be repeated. I try to play down my nerdiness - but sometimes I just have to face up. I loved Hogsmeade and everything in it. The ride was awesome and exhilarating and I wish I could play real quidditch. The stories and the magic are wonderful and they did a great job at recreating. 

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
Other highlights included the Jurassic Park ride - a water ride with a huge, sheer drop that I was not quite expecting. Water world - which I thought was going to be a dolphin show and ended up with an airplane crashing into the pond. The Single Rider line at the Mummy ride that happened to let us all ride together. The Studio tour - which took us through some boss 4D simulation sets. 

We ended the weekend with a trip to Johnny Rockets, a complementary complimentary postcard from a Russian man, and a long carried home (after deciding that Greg is the worst bed-sharer). 

"You're the predator, ya nasty!"
Things I realized about marriage:
1. I'm not sure I could marry someone who doesn't like to read. 
2. I get why people go stargazing. It's rather nice. But only if nobody talks.
3. It'll be nice to always be able to use the HOV lane on trips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment