Sunday, December 3, 2017

Tome It Down Kid

The older I get, the more time I have to think about who I am enough to put it into words. Things that may be obvious to others, aren't quite so obvious to me, mainly because I don't typically care to think about them. For instance, I never knew I was bossy until halfway through my mission.

My new epiphany is this: I love to read. I knew this. I always knew this. But I didn't realize how much. I always make fun of Shiboi because he loves watching movies - to the extent that he will stop watching a movie to watch another movies so he can watch more movies. Which seems outlandish.

BUT I LITERALLY STOP READING BOOKS SO I CAN READ MORE BOOKS.

On an unrelated note, I have now finished the Mortal Instruments stem series.

Coolest kid you know. Shoddiest beats.
And while I'm hyping myself up for quality accomplishments - have I mentioned what a good leader I am? I mean, delegation is still a hard thing for me (BUT I DO IT), but mainly I'm just talking about having efficient meetings. Fifteen minutes in and out. Bam. (Close quote, Emeril.)

I also still sound vaguely like a man. I was debating about trying out for a female quartet as the bass, but my phlegm-filled lungs are currently preventing the necessary breathing techniques.

Crazy enough to kill, but with a little effort behind it.
While my voice may sound like I've been taking testosterone supplements, the flesh is that of an eighty-year old man with seven previous knee replacements. Also my attitude. And thus I was of limited (albeit still valuable) help while transferring furniture chez moi for the upcoming nuptials. (Not mine.)

And speaking of nuptials that AREN'T happening, the Tempe Institute had a dance this week where you HAD to dress up nice and you HAD to have a date or you'd be refused entry. Allegedly. My date also got sick (not how you wanted to end up here, eh Charlie?), so I took my friend Joe Bale instead. And it was a delight being part of the hoodrat pack.

The Hoodrats.
Oh, did I mention that Rod and I had a nice conversation this week? It started with the insanity scale and ended on levels of fertility. (High, on both accounts, if you were wondering.)

Oompa Loompa Doompety Dum
That's my Sister, she's got a nice bum. 
Olivia, my favorite Oompa Loompa, had her final performance of Willy Wonka. It was well-done (ish) and reminded me why I hate the song Cheer Up, Charlie. And then we all crashed back at the ranch with some Ghost Ghirls. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment