Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Wheel Turns

I like cycles. I like the increments of days and weeks and months and years. It lets you compare to previous cycles of similar increments and see the changes. I imagine that would be much harder in an unbroken "eternal round". 

After Christmas, I immediately returned to work, which I really didn't mind too much. In my spare time, I was writing and reading and cleaning my room and practicing my new piano music. Meanwhile Chris and Heidi have been doing a boss job cleaning and organizing their joint possessions - as demonstrated by the dumpster out front and numerous trips to Goodwill and a garage sale. 

I got to chill with Noah before he left forever for school in Utah. We had an impromptu lesson with the Elders and made a smoothie of Jamba Juice status. It was a nice chat.



Sam decided that he needed to get rid of some of his excess cash before he leaves on his mission, so he bought a bunch of us Chick Fil Bae and we watch Pirates III. Great movie. 

Cen and I made our drinks night FBO - so we got Kaleb, Jared, Kennedy, and Cen's HS friend out for some virgin blackberry margaritas. Yum. 

Peter was busy this week, so I did sprints on my own Friday afternoon. The little girl next door was practicing gymnastics in her driveway and volunteered to time my sprints. Thanks...

We made a huge fortune teller with the checker board.

Ok, ok, you may have heard rumors about an upcoming wedding and mistakenly assumed it was Greg's. HAHAHA YOU FOOLS. It all started a week ago when I refused to go see a movie in theaters because I'm too cheap to pay for a ticket. It was remarked that I need a Sugar Daddy, so Brodie agreed (conditional upon his becoming a rock star) that he would fill the role. We've got our whole lives planned out except for the part preceding rock star status. Ehh. We'll get to that later. 

I shadowed at the hospital and heard several renditions of "that time that I crapped the bed after the nurse slipped something in my drink". Then I had a brief respite before the big pre-NYE party. Which was more fun than I had planned. My knee was kind of bugging me and the food was subpar, BUT the company was good, checkers turned into a melange of other games, and the deejay at the end was l-i-t lit. Let's gooo motherlickers. 2018 come at me. 

so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment