Sunday, January 7, 2018

New Year, New Me

The thing I love about adulting is that I don't have to keep holidays on their designated calendar dates. If I want to celebrate Christmas three days in advance, I can. If I want to celebrate NYE the day before, that's within my power.


Unfortunately, I just ended up double celebrating NYE after being lured in my the free waffles. I had a few ridiculous pool games with Sam, Callie, and Braeden - ridiculous because I'm so bad and make up for it by obvious cheating. Callie and I crushed Brendan at foosball. Matt Prine was mad he didn't get roasted in Brodie's/Porter's impromptu concert and I was mad that I did. And I watched Monty Python solo for old time's sake.

I worked 10h days this week, so everything had to be carefully planned out. Tuesday, I sat in with the missionary lesson and drove all the way to the middle of nowhere on top of a mountain to visit Sam's house. And check out his bunker and food storage (which if you've ever seen The RM should be easy to imagine).

Callie was leaving Thursday, so I hung out at her house on Wednesday just to chill. I like their family.

Chris just got his recommend to go to the temple, so we made a family outing of it. Oh, and we've been doing family scripture study at 6am and I hate that about us, but it's so good.

Friday I went to an interview at Midwestern - only 20min down the road. I was beat by the end of it,  I wouldn't mind going to school here. Especially because I already have some friends. We'll see. I somehow managed to survive a coding session with Peter, which I think was only allowable due to the workout we did immediately prior.

I finished the new Throne of Glass book and my mind was blown. I sent it to Hannah so I can rant with someone.

Mama Bale and Joe helped me out with with my rehab by running some basketball drills with me. I'm working my way up. But it doesn't help when my bad knee doesn't hold its own.

Cen, Kaleb, Tyler, Braeden, Kenny, and I went to Matt Prine's concert. I made him a punny poster based on his last name. He didn't get the joke, but his mom did. And Cenita brought me some honey for my baguette.
Get it? His last name is Prine and he's the best? It's funny....

No comments:

Post a Comment