Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Return (part 1/1)

Aaron and I are officially partners in crime chez-Swing and it's going swimmingly. Honestly, no complaints. He's great, smart, humble, and messes with me. What more could I want? (To not work 10h shifts and then go to interviews on my off days, maybe.)

Rod and I hung out at the Institute kickoff. Soren and Cenita actually convinced me to play a game of bowling with them. The pizza was good. And I snagged like 15 free laser tag coupons from the leftovers for "dates". 

I flew out immediately after work on Wednesday (SO: Cenita, my go-to Uber driver). Another SO: Lauren Bellon, my drugged BFF who dropped me at Uncle Ben's. Realization of the week - I'm bad at communicating I guess since nobody knew I was coming/leaving or why unless there was a reason they needed to know.

Did I mention that I went to Salt Lake this week to interview for the graduate PT program at the University of Utah?

And it was awesome. 

"I only hang out with you alone."
DAY ONE. They didn't make me start until 10:30 and then I had 2 individual interview that were super chill. Jordan, a grad student, just asked me about quidditch and had me rap for him. Jim, a near professor, asked me about Pfizer and my mission and books and I guess some PT stuff. I got educated on residency requirements and financial aid. 

I saw Lauren and Wheeler Heck in my break. Love them. Turns out I knew 1/120 selected applicants - Brandi, from the AT program at BYU, so we rode home together. I dropped her off in Provo and hung out with Brodie, my future sugar daddy.

DAY TWO. For the group interview, I was paired with 2 Colorado chicks who had competed in skiing before. They were chill and we spent the whole type hyping each other. Then I rapped. Again. 

While we were waiting for the campus tour, several other interview groups came out and it turned into 20 Questions with Hutch, during which we replayed our interview several times, reviewed the rules of quidditch and my injury, and other various events in my life.

We had lunch and skipped the question session. I went home and napped. Josh had a party in the kitchen while Matt, Cam, Lauren, and I played in the living room. Lauren and I crushed at Laser Tag AND Codenames because we "have a special bond" (-Ben). Taylor came over late to hang out as well.

Mission lunch date (minus Carolyn bc she booked it.)
DAY THREE (a respite). Joy made a bomb smoothie. Bryan and I had a chat. Greg flew back from CT to hang out with me and crashed my lunch date with the mission buds - Emarie, Carolyn, and Abby. Greg grabbed Michaela and we watched Guardians of the Galaxy

The Brothel hosted my "open house" - even though my ex-roommate was stuck in Nevada. We still love you, Little Brown Girl Downstairs. Lauren came again (FOUR IN A ROW). Joshie and Rachel May (and fiancĂ©) from the Riv. Alexis, Mallory, and Brandon from the mission. Chris, Rachel, and Andrew from school. Hunter, Greg, and Michaela because they had to. And Brodie, what a champ.

Dallin, our other group member, is jealous.
DAY FOUR (a return). A 4am return. Straight to ward council, where I was reprimanded for not befriending people. After which, I befriended Blake from CONNECTICUT and Trevor Nally. And said goodbye to Sam Alger who is moving 40min away. A good week, after which I am supremely exhausted. 

1 comment:

  1. "Lauren also regaled everyone with tales of terrible men"

    ReplyDelete