Monday, January 15, 2018

MLK or Black Rapper? (Round 3)

In honor of the legend himself, it is my pleasure to present 2018's MLK or Black Rapper?

Rules: Below is a list of quotes. Players get 1 point for correctly guessing whether the quote was said by Martin Luther King Jr. or a black rapper.  An additional point is granted if the player can correctly guess the rapper's name. Scroll slowly.

Enjoy the motivation and inspiration these wonderful people offer.




1. "My intent has always been to spread positivity."


Jamesthemormon


2. "Nothing pains some people more than having to think."


MLK


3. "The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically."


MLK


4. "Lightning makes no sound until it strikes."


MLK


5. "For a dreamer, night's the only time of day."


The Weeknd


6. "Stay true to who you are 'cause nothing is impossible."


Jamesthemormon


7. "Staying in a hopeless and miserable situation doesn't make you loyal, it just makes you miserable."


The Weeknd


8. "We are not makers of history. We are made by history."


MLK


9. "Be loyal to your own piece of mind."


The Weeknd


10. "It's about helping others, and it's about just getting them to just open their mind, and that's it."


Logic


11. "I hate racism altogether, but when it's directed at my friends, my anger levels skyrocket."


Jamesthemormon


12. "Sometimes if you’re lucky, someone comes into your life who’ll take up a place in your heart that no one else can fill, someone who’s tighter than a twin, more with you than your own shadow, who gets deeper under your skin than your own blood and bones."


Snoop Dogg


13. "Bikinis, zucchinis, martinis. No weenies."


Snoop Dogg


14. It's okay to be you, and you cannot stand out and fit in at the same time, so pick one."


Logic


15. "I made a pact that there wouldn't be another human on the earth that didn't know what I believed or what I stood for."


Jamesthemormon


16. "I [am] compelled to carry the gospel of freedom beyond my own home town."


MLK


17. "What else can one do when he is alone in a narrow jail cell, other than write long letters, think long thoughts and pray long prayers?"


MLK


18. "You might not have a car or a big gold chain, stay true to yourself and things will change."


Snoop Dogg


19. "Be your own leader, be your own self, step out of my shadows and be your own person."


Snoop Dogg


20. "Too many people spend money they haven’t earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.”


The Weeknd


21. "How can sky be the limit when there is footprints on the moon."


Logic


22. "We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."


MLK


23. "This is what I represent, here’s my message: peace, love, positivity. Follow your dreams."


Logic


24. “I ain’t scared of the fall. I have felt the ground before.”


The Weeknd


25. "I looked at where we are in the world and realized that millions of people listen to my voice, and I do have a voice."


Logic


BONUS ROUND (FOR ALL THE POINTS)


26. "I have a dream my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."


MLK

No comments:

Post a Comment