Sunday, February 18, 2018

Fare Thee Well, Little Dinner

Sister Cassens reported to the MTC this Wednesday, so we had a nice little gathering of close friends on Sunday to send her off. It was cute. We got to hear Braden's first kiss story "Resurrection Girl" and drink a lot of good juice. And obv, bask in the presence of our future missionary.

This is the original.
And voila, le masterpiece. By Braden. 
Talked to Rod after Institute, per usual. My friend's ex's family slashed his tires. And I gave Aaron this huge migrating welt.

I could push the juice around. It was quite interesting.
Wednesday was Valentine's Day. Our ward's vday plans were kind of a squash, but I got to chat with Trev Nally about a few plans we've got for these kids. And I played basketball with some old ladies and children, which made me feel much more confident about my skills.

Love this. All YSA's should understand this.
I'm usually not a huge fan of service projects where we all go clean up a park. BUT, our stake did a great job teaming up with the parks & rec division to make it actually useful service. And I got several scratches while aggressively hacksawing debris - so no complaints.

My favorite post from our ward's scripture study page, New Heart 2018.
BACKSTORY: It's the winter Olympics rn. And since they're in Korea, the only thing on during the day is curling. Seriously, I get 24/7 curling. Which frankly is the only sport I'd ever have a chance at winning in the actual Olympics.

And guess who has a curling club? Phoenix. Gosh, I love this place.

So naturally I went. We did some stations to learn the basics and we played a few rounds. Luckily, we had Greg and Sherie on our team to help us out. Seriously, they were great. They were real teammates - and old pros, having played consistently since '67. MVPs.

Champs. Get ready, Olympics 2k22
And we had delicious pizza afterwards and I was so happy. And then we hit up a dance - which was a blast. And by this point I felt like I hadn't showered in literal weeks, but it's fine because everyone came over to my place afterwards for a round of MLK or Black Rapper?

And speaking of holiday traditions that need to continue, this year's round of Bum Poems:

Roses are red, our President's Trump
So there ain't any rules against touching your rump.

Roses are red, your booty's superior,
I never have seen such a dang fine posterior.

Roses are red, I've gotten you some
Because I really like you, and your smile, and your bum.

Roses are red, I know it's not autumn,
But would you really leaf if I touched your bottom?

Roses are red, and so well designed
Almost as pretty as your round behind.

Roses are red and from here to our borders,
Nothing compares to your lovely hindquarters.

Roses are red, and do you preside
Over the club of the finest and nicest backsides?

Roses are red, now look at that fairy there-
If she'd grant me one wish, I'd be touching your derriere. 

Roses are red, I'm watching you strut, 
Girl you got so much confidence and a really nice butt.

Roses are red, my decision is clear:
I'd hold your hand and I'd handle your rear.

Roses are red, teachers say 'shush'
When you yell out loud because I smacked your tush.

Roses are red, on a 1 to 10 scale
Your eyes are a 6, but 11's your tail.

Roses are red, I checked with your nanny
She said it's ok if I check out your fanny.

Roses are red, my life'd be complete
If I could acquire such a marvelous seat.

Roses are red, yellow tulips for Easter
And yet the best flower? Is YOU, with the keister!

Roses are red, check out those guns!
And the traps and the delts and the biceps and buns!

-At this point my friends were pleading for me to stop-

Roses are red, you see what's at stake?
When you ask for more poems about that fine pair of cakes?

Roses are red, poeming doesn't take weeks
If you are well practiced in versing 'bout cheeks.

Roses are red, I suppose I should bend
That's your favorite part, right? THE END.

1 comment: