Sunday, February 25, 2018

A Calligraphy Enthusiast with a Slight Overbite

Hannah introduced me to a drawing app on her iPad. Which is the best thing since sliced bread. She let me color on it all day and all through the fireside until we had a really quality pirate ship of death. Also, my stake food guy hooked me up with double ice cream again, so the day ended well. 

Basketball is getting increasingly competitive. Mama Bale has been able to get some younger, stronger recruits who are willing to body me up. I'm still holding back a little just because I'm so nervous I'm gonna mess myself up again. Also my knee still hurts regularly, which makes me just a tad nervous. (Hannah also leveled with me on this; she royally screwed her knee up a few years ago and we're in the same boat.)

Trevor's senior night. Crushed NFA.
And Mom even got to be there to rep him.
I got an oil change! Hooray for taking care of my car! Also the guy told me it's time to flush everything - power steering, coolant, etc. Somebody, please tell me if this is real.

Peter, my mysteriously-aged man friend, literally blew my brain with his Javascript intro that my nose instantly started bleeding. And didn't stop for a long time. 

Chance from France and I hit up a French night - complete with eclairs and crepes, which I suppose are substitutes for a baguette. It was awesome and I loved speaking and listening to real French again. 

There was an Essential Oils conference on Saturday that Swing (my place of employment) had a booth at. There was 5 reps there, so I made myself the official band-aid hander-outer. And boyyyy, did I do my job well! We got rid of so many band-aid holders with our logo on it. I was dishing out the swag.

Step right up, everything is free
That's how we do it down at Swing PT!

After acquiring my free breakfast, I ditched for the temple with our stake. Bart/Sis Winters and I were the only ones in our session. But we met up with the baptistry people for an activity at Federico's. Where we just ate free carné asada fries.

I brought some to Hannah at her work, in exchange for a free scoop of PB/Chocolate ice cream. And we chatted for a while about some exciting things coming up.

Like how she, Joe, and Courtney came up with a ward weight-loss challenge that I'm STOKED about. Competition + exercise = life. And if I can win the money pot, more's the better. If not, at least "our ward's gonna be HOT" according to Joe Bale.

My pondering scripture of the week. Slash forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment