Sunday, April 29, 2018

Birthday Month of Fun, part II

I read a book this week. Apparently jet lag only helps to reset my sleep schedule - so I was the energizer bunny this whole week with tons of free time (which also has somewhat to do with SOMEONE moving to Idaho). The energy only last so long, however. On Friday, I had to cover two (2) therapists' schedules and I was toast by the end.

Greg found a kebab joint in America this week and Trevor told nobody about his trip. Glad to see they enjoyed it. In other family news, the Chin returns to work tomorrow. Hallelujah. He's already told me twice, in between our discussion of Mexican cuisine (obviously).

A friend hooked me up with 4 tickets to the opening of Avengers. Which would've been better had I seen (and stayed awake for) a few more of the lead-in movies. Ah well. It was still well worth watching for $0.

The crew. 
A man ran out of gas by my house. I guess it's just a good location for breakdowns. I got to hook a brother up. Although I don't think Dave and I will be besties.

Friday, Autumn and I left after work for our California birthday adventure. We stayed with Uncle Brian and Aunts Debbie and T - who are all super chill and crushed me at Quiplash. But only because I was distracted by the peanut butter chocolate kiss cookies (AKA MAN COOKIES).

T got us into Disney for free (and also helped us skip quite a few of the lines).

Rides. Guardians Breakout was the best. So we rode it twice. Along with Star Tours, Space Mountain, and the Mater ride in Carsland. (Autumn loves Cars so we rode the Luigi ride and Radiator Springs racers as well.)

We broke Indiana Jones, drenched Autumn at Splash Mountain, tore both PCLs on the Matterhorn, and heard the best puns from T's tour guide friend on a Jungle Cruise. We also hit up Haunted Mansion, Soarin', Thunder Mountain, and the monorail (which Autumn insists is a ride.)



In between all that, we visited the Animation Academy, saw a western performance of Cinderella at the Golden Horseshoe, and participated in a dance off to save the galaxy. We even took a stroll in the Bug's World.

I AM GROOT. 
And I got all the good food: corndogs, churros, ribs, ANDDDD a Dole whip float. Boy am I glad my allergy to pineapple has disappeared. We crushed that park so hard and, since Heidi asked for lots of pictures, sent her terrible pictures of random items and our blurry foreheads so that she would feel a part of all the action.

Almost as magical as France. 

No comments:

Post a Comment