Sunday, April 8, 2018

JK We're Vegetarians

Have I mentioned how much I love General Conference? Because I do. But that doesn't mean I don't get a bit sleepy after ten hours of spiritual intensity. Either way, all of it was worth re-reading.

After the spiritual feast came the physical one. And boy, what a feast. Potatoes and ham and some kind of marshmallow deliciousness. And a dang good carrot cake (minus the raisins). The evening also included me losing horribly at a game of darts and running full speed into a sliding glass door. If only I could clean glass as well as I can run into it.

My activity committee was in desperate need of a meeting. Naturally, I had the crew chez moi and we enjoyed s'mores and roasted starbursts as we planned the next couple months to our satisfaction.

SWOLENATION crew. 
Aaron has been educating me on quality films and has a long list of films that I'm instructed to see. He brought in a few (but not before he lost $5 for forgetting too many times). So now I can check Last of the Mohicans, Tombstone, and Gladiator off the list. All, as he said, quality.

Chance and I took a turn around the parking garage on our longboards. Talk about INCREDIBLE and DANGEROUS. 'Twas a good time - and not quite as scary as I thought it might be after tearing up my knee.

Friday night, while I was working medical at a youth football league, I had to make the call to get some kid airvac'd out. My first helicopter. And hopefully last. But although I haven't heard back from his parents yet, I feel fairly confident that it was purely precautionary.

Top Squad.
My idea for a Sunday morning nature walk was denied, so we had to settle for a Saturday hike. Which I hate. I hate hiking and it's worse on Saturday because that means it has to be actual exercise. It turned out okay and we got some Chick Fil Bae afterwards, if you feel me.

Then I took the longest nap.

And met up with Chance for some good burgers, and then Hannah/Ali to watch Black Panther. A+ movie. Hilarious, action, storyline, message - all just so good. I can level with it. HW assignment for all involved: WATCH IT.


[And just a heads up for my weekly followers - don't expect too much the next few weeks because I'll be in the promised land AKA FRANCE.]

No comments:

Post a Comment