Sunday, May 13, 2018

Summer is Here

Work was a bit of a hassle this week, we have 2/3 ATC's out of commission and are using our permanent substitute to fill in. She and I have to share the other 1/3 of the patient load. So it's hectic, but we got it handled. Mostly.

Tuesday was a miracle day. Callie cancelled her party to go to a concert and the bishop moved back our ward temple session to 7:30 instead of 6 and I hit every single green light on the way over there so I even put a skirt on before going in. Then I found out it was a Spanish session (which means I could listen in French) AND it was my favorite video that I haven't seen in years. So good.

Jessica, my designated foe at weekly basketball games, had a birthday this week. So naturally we had ice cream sundaes after playing. Didn't even throw up. (But I did throw DOWN lol)

Birthday extravaganza. 
Called my guy Grampy who just moved into his new house. Turns out he and Mimi sent me the book For All the Saints, which is so good and inspired my new activity idea. It's gonna be big. I'm psyched.

Callie had a hot tub party on Thursday. Which would have been real fun if the hot tub actually worked. After we got Mike and Kaleb to fill the tub using an empty trash bin, we still couldn't figure out how to get the water heated. 'Twas a bit of a bust, but good company.

Good work gents.
Friday I was off by 12, so I took a nap and painted Callie's room. Turns out, painting is a lot easier than I thought. Then we hit up the food trucks for carne asada tacos with green chili guacamole and coconut, lemon, and bordeaux sorbet. Worth it.

Saturday I HAD NOTHING PLANNED. I love that. First weekend in years. I cleaned and shopped and drew pictures and went running. It was a beautiful 90 degrees F and I only died the last 1/2 mile or so. Moriah Grace Hutchins and I talked on the phone for a while. I even went to a party - swam a little, ate a little, had a long sit in the massage chair. And I went to bed early.

1 comment:

  1. I love For All the Saints! It's on my all-time Church book list.

    ReplyDelete