Sunday, May 27, 2018

Can I Get An Amen?

Highlight of the week: hanging out with all my friends' parents.

Also this. 
Cen's mom made me a belated birthday dinner. Actually, she taught me how to make mozzarella cheese for our caprese sandwiches. Which were BOMB af. She's the best. And made some lemon bars from scratch for the road. What a woman.

There was a movie night with Remember the Titans, one of my all-time faves. Naturally, I attended, even if I was a little salty about the exclusivity of the invites. I'm not about that life, even if I am on the list.

In other news, congrats to this mothalickah. 
FHE was boss. There was a scavenger hunt and rootbeer floats and Becca and I had a rapid rundown of the ward list vit fait après tous ça.

She finally done did it. 
Tuesday is hot tub night. Which was much needed after covering 3 jobs and 12 hour shifts for the last 2 days d/t sick and missing coworkers.

Courtney and I have still been going hard at the gym every morning. And I've been so busy with church and work and school and coding stuff that by the time Wednesday night rolled around, I was falling asleep on the basketball court. We played 2v2 and I still crushed. Mama Bale and I are a solid team.

Adding literal notches to my belt.
The Phoenix and Mesa temples are closed temporarily for cleaning, so I trekked down to Gilbert for session Friday afternoon. Then obviously met up with Ho'onani for some enchiladas at El Pescado Borracho, aka the Drunken Fish. And I even went to game night afterwards. Look at me being social.
Good views. Look at this place. 
Saturday I was up early again for an aerobic walk with Mama Bale. She's tryna lose some pounds before her daughter's wedding, so I offered to take a short hike with her - and the stories she told me were well worth the sweat I lost.
Me, looking at the sun.
You can kinda see the temple in the background. 

Then I had an FHE with the Curtis family where I learned about car maintenance and we found the remains of that pigeon I crushed in my air filter. And then we chatted for a while about our families. Who are crazy. And we still love.

Look at this dingo. 
I took a nap before meeting Courtney for our Saturday gym session (which killed me). And I showered (take note). And I painted. And I went to bed early. Ready for my day off Monday - watched Unbroken in preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment