Sunday, June 3, 2018

Eat Chocolate, thank you.

Memorial Day is important for a few different reasons. Remembering troops that fought for our freedom is the biggest one, but only slightly less important are these: I get the day off from work AND it marks the start of shorts season at my job - which is good because I've been toasting.

We had a nice BBQ/swim session with Autumn's pseudo family. I even hung out and played Scattegories with them (and crushed them all, even if they didn't count "ice cube tray" as a body of water).

She found a small dog "Zombie" at the BBQ. 
Tuesday is hot tub night chez Callie. I love it. I like hot tubs because I don't produce my own body heat, so it makes me feel like a normal human. Arizona heat is good for that too. I will miss being actually warm.

I went to the ward missionary meeting this week, which was pretty cool. And then played some good basketball. I need an ACL brace. This generic thing I've got is just too bulky and restricting and I'm still nervous the whole time that I'm going to tear something. So maybe my last splurge will be a custom.

Thursday was another bball day. It's weird playing with these guys because they are kind of afraid to hurt me, since I'm a girl. Which makes it easy to score most of the time. Just man up.

Courtney moved out, so Becca and I helped her. Then Autumn and I met Kim to minister. Then we chilled and caught each other up. And then I visited Callie in the insane asylum.

Ok listen to how I've been working this gym thing. I signed up for a 2-week pass, but nobody was at the front desk to activate it until 4 days in, so I had a few extra days there. After it expired, I signed up for a new one (using different credentials), but nobody was at the front desk to activate it for a while. So it JUST started like Friday. And NOW, somebody just gave Becca and I a total of 4 passes to come for 3 days with a friend. So that's another 12 days for each of us. Courtney will never get rid of us.

Becca, killing it with some pancakes.
Also remember how I get free money all the time? I just used my $50 to Abuelo's on a date with Callie. Worth it. I love Mexican.

Then we went to the ward dive-in movie and watched Coco. Which isn't actually a tearjerker, but also I'm emotionally limited. And I even stayed for the whole thing just to spite Callie who went around saying I would leave early (which I still super wanted to do because I was tired).

I've also been working on my comic book. This thing better be done by August or so help me, so help me, and CUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment