Sunday, June 10, 2018

I Never Want to See A Day That's Under 60 Degrees

I go through phases where I feel like I need to make an appearance at certain events even though I don't want to go. Which is kind of what happened Monday when I went to the stake FHE luau. (But also I had a council meeting afterward since nobody showed up on Sunday.)

Institute is back up and is now 1.5 hours long. So I hate that. But Rod is there and I like him. And hot tub party afterwards. Oh! My A/C was broken and I couldn't live in my house for half the week, so I was staying at Callie's. Which meant hot tubbing was at my house. I liked that better.

Bye forever Joe Bale. 
Wednesday I was so exhausted I took a nap. And talked to Taylor Bly, my shadow sister. We are basically the same person in so many ways. It's been too long, friend.

I played some ball with a couple of stake guys on Thursday. It wasn't too much of a workout and I ended up losing in a game of 21 with 19, so I held my own.



Friday I got up super early for a gym workout so I could get to work by 6, so I could leave by 12, so I could get to Shannon's play (Henry IV) by 7h15ish. Shiboi and I waited in the Japanese Gardens as bridge trolls, watching as the meager bathrooms rapidly overflowed the sewage. The play was long, but good. I loved all the ridiculous insults. And the free blankets (and cake) from Tom Hanks (one of the MC's) we got at the exclusive afterparty.

Ok but check out the guy in the back.
Who does he look like at a glance?
I spent all night looking for parking. Then I met the spazziest cat, Ponce de Lyon. I might actually like him if he didn't always try to bite me. But he is adorable and fun to play with.



Ponce de Lyon, infamous explorer who literally never stops moving. 
We ate lamb euros at Cristo's, a nice Greek resto and chatted about Survivor strategies. Might enter. (Not yet). Shennsley and I strolled around the outdoor mall with our smoothies and chatted some more. All in all, an excellent weekend with los banditos.

Shiboi has some killer allergies. This is better than
those white surgical masks ANYDAY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment