Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Coolest Cat in Creation

If you'd like to hang out with me, please schedule months in advance. (Kind of real though.) ALSO WATCH THIS.  I have a special place in my heart for Patrick Kearon.

DV YSA joined up with Phoenix North for kickball and snow cones (courtesy of Doug). And then I got to play some killer volleyball with Nathan Clark. Sometimes I miss organized, competitive sports.  And then I did NOT invite myself over to Keaton's house for a movie night, but I did make sure that it happened and brought the best movie of all time (including JS: Prophet of the Restoration): The Emperor's New Groove. 

Flowers from a patient, chocolate PB protein shake, and las palabras de Dios. 
Hot Tub Tuesday is now actually Cold Pool Tuesdays since it's approximately the same temperature as the sun in the Phoenix valley. Not mad, though. TNals is a good host and I had a good time con mis amigos.

Also I'm remembering Spanish rn on Duolingo. (And KILLING the French section, but that's cool.) I can say things like necesito un bolígrafo and nunca me ducho. Which are super useful.

The LA Chins moved into a real apartment. 
I went country dancing, worked out at the gym with no socks (hence the emergency pair which recently appeared in my car), and waxed my face at girl's night. Also ate lots of snacks and tried to paint people's nails. *insert cringy face here*

I passed a drug test (probably) and bought some real crappy tubes (which is funny because they were shaped like the poop emoji). And went on the adventure of a lifetime that wasn't actually that high adventure. We tubed down the Salt River after hours, stopped early due to an incoming lightning storm and trucked through the mud, cacti, and barbed wire fences to find the road, jammed 7 people and tubes in the back of a stranger's truck and avoided a LONGGGG walk back to the car. And hit up In N Out. 10/10 would do again, but maybe actually just float the whole river next time.

Look at this angel.
Exactly halfway through my morning run, at the farthest point from my house, I realized that I had acquired some blisters from the previous night's adventures. Which was a delight. Jeff taught me how to change my break pads, I practiced saying "no", and then got my car washed for the first time ever and can actually see through the windows now. My girl Chris set me up with an Advocare account, so now I have a 20% discount for a while. I cleaned and packed and took charge of dinner groups (like I do). Finished up the night with another viewing of The Emperor's New Groove at the Dive-In Movie night. Love love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment