Monday, October 22, 2018

POOdendals

If you've ever studied so hard that eat and sleep your subject, you understand my week. Every second was spent studying anatomy - drawing on boards, teaching and reteaching, going through app layers, touching and quizzing on cadavers, attending reviews, and dreaming the arterial routes through the body. It was finally over by 1pm on Friday and I slept for four hours afterwards.

In my limited (forced) spare time, I still tried to play sports as much as possible. Our volleyball team is improving and actually did pretty well this week - with Sam as labero and me at middle. Crushed it. (Ok, ok, we won HALF our games, which is still a big improvement from none/4).

I love this. 
It was my last neuro clinic this week and we were sad to have to officially discharge our patient (who will actually continue here for several years, probably). He's a great guy and has made some enormous strides.

Friday night, there was a Halloween dance at the institute, so I woke up for that. It was...subpar. (I mean, compared to the bangers I've been to, lol.) But I showed off my costume, danced it up, and started an impromptu Halloween conga line (#highlight).

This is my DUMBLEBORA THE EXPLORER. 
GO BIG! for Parkinson's happened this weekend as well. Despite not mentioning it much, there's been a lot of prep work for this 2K/5K/10K that benefits Parkinson's research. I ran the 5K, which had some ridiculous hills, and only felt like I was gonna throw up a little bit. I did steal a whole lot of granola bars and then I went home and slept some more while icing my knees.

I'm so proud they held me up for this long. 
The crew headed down to PHX for a temple trip, including Sam, Brandi, and Chase (a v recent RM). We were super speedy (despite the temple ladies telling me they were "over-booked") and hit up La Familia Mexicana for some enchiladas that I could literally eat every day ever and still be happy.

This is the cutest kid and he's getting baptized soon. 
Then, since we were in the area, we hit up a DV Halloween fiesta. BUT FIRST, we needed to take Chase shopping for a new shirt. He hated it and by that I mean loved it. Also, he's colorblind so that grass looks orange to him. Weird. We went to the middle of nowhere and ate candy and had some good chats and I reconnected with old friends and we introduced Chase to the new music to get him jumpstarted back into real life.


Then, because I didn't get enough of the temple, I drove the missionaries and some investigators down to a fireside in the chapel that shares a parking lot. I got back at midnight and am still recovering. I am getting so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment