Sunday, October 14, 2018

Watch Me Nay Nay

Some sneaky bacteria infiltrated my immune system without even asking. The audacity. It just makes me sick. Literally. All week, I couldn't breathe.

So I just exercised ONCE a day instead of twice. (Usually.) The volleyball team needed me (and Sam, my delightfully cranky freshman counterpart who crushes). We still lost, but we're getting better. And I had to play basketball or else I'd just get wrecked - at school and church. And also Lizzie and Nazgul asked if they could join my lifting sessions 3x/week, so I couldn't just miss those.

My classmates are clutch. Also love the Chummy Mummy Challenge 2018. 
Also, maybe I performed poorly on my Epi and Patho exams, but I'm over it. I had a couple of VERY helpful study sessions with Lindsey, Katelyn, and Taylor. And I had some common sense left even if my thinking processes were...muddled.

Also, I went hot tubbing a LOT to help clear it all out. Brandi joined me and we only got kicked out once and nobody got raped walking home. Win-win-win.

Zoom it in, boys. 
Despite the fact that I couldn't really breath, neuro clinic was still a blast because my 2nd year partners actually let me participate. Love. Also our patient is hilarious.

Friday night was the long-awaited Watch Me Nay-Nay (talent show). I was impressed. We had a few technical issues, but some GREAT acts. The karate kid chopped through straight up concrete, the singing dog lady has a wonderful voice, Jace & co. had a funny number, and Jake is actually really good at the piano (that chump). I emceed and did a little number, but was disappointed that JJ couldn't get off work for our rap battle.

Saturday was a blast. One of our pseudo-teachers, Jason, is an LAT and works gigs on weekends occasionally. He invited me out to a rugby tournament and it was super fun. Especially having him there, it made me less nervous. And also once I get going, I remember that I actually know what I'm doing. 10/10 would do again, even if the rain and cold were absolutely miserable. Great way to spend a weekend and make some quick money.

Not all of us have displayable talents, but all are appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment