Saturday, October 6, 2018

Living the Life: the good news

I have friends now who will play sports with me. Most of them are my teachers, but they're right about my level - in skill and cartilage deterioration. I've got basketball 3 days a week and volleyball twice. And apparently I'm now including 2 other girls in my gym workouts 3x/week. But I ice my knees so often that they're doing pretty good.

My three weeks of Neuro clinic started this week. The team of second years I'm working with are pretty chill and so is our patient. We had a good time and I felt pretty comfortable doing stuff, even if it was new. I was made for this profession. And that's a good feeling.

I still feel pretty behind after missing most of last week for the wedding. I've got 4 tests, 6 assignments, and a few presentations coming up pretty quick. One of those is a video project that turned out pretty dang good, so get excited (if you're a huge nerd).

Love this guy. 
JJ introduced me to Victoria this week, who also loves bread. We made a ton of banana bread and pumpkin bread at the Welcome Center this week and shared it. It was right before my volleyball game, so I had to grab and dash, but it was dang good.

NAU's PT program is big on Parkinson's research, so we've been raising money for a while, leading up to a big race this month. But this week, we had a fundraiser at Panda Express. I hit that up orange chicken real quick and Brandi and I watched Ocean's 8. Pretty good. Although I expected more of a struggle.

Next Friday is our talent show, where not only am I emceeing, but I am doing a James Cordon-style rap battle with ma guy JJ. We've had fun writing some stuff and I'm hype for this to go down.

General Conference. The church is true. And who else is hype for two-hour church? Next up: two hour general conference, please. Ten hours is a lot, but even the women's session was pretty good. But getting that kind of spiritual tidal wave always leaves me exhausted.

Times are changing. In the best way. #efficiency

No comments:

Post a Comment