Sunday, September 30, 2018

Happy.

Let me tell you how my week started: poorly. I had to pre-catch up on so much school and try to stay sane with all the stuff I'd be missing for three days. Also I was in charge of a big activity on Friday for Institute. And then I got locked out of my room and tried to pick the lock until my fingers were bleeding at 3am. And then wake up, pack super fast, and drive eight (8) hours north to Provo. Where my car then broke down. And I stayed up late doing more homework because there's no such thing as vacation in grad school. (Also unrelated to the bad news, I went on a date with a friend and it was chill.)
Ben's 7-layer ice cream cake. 
A hefty lecture.
Luckily, Ben and Joy are as hospitable as ever. Ben cooked steaks and molded an ice cream cake for E's birthday. Lauren came over to remind Zach of all his quotes and then get wrecked by Grampy for not being married yet. David kept giving me weeny weapons to "defend" myself against his nerf machine guns.


I love this girl. 
The REAL star of the show. 
After getting my car towed to the shop, Greg asked me to emcee his wedding but also to be "tender". Which is a word I would never use to describe myself ever. So instead of trying to insert tenderness, I just took out most of the jokes. Ol' deek stole the show with his standup. And the food was also good.
How she stylin' like that.
The missionaries. 
We hung out at the temple. Elder Hutchins (the most recent) broke out of the MTC with his comp - and we were under orders to make sure he felt just as welcome as the Trevmeister did. Naturally, we mobbed the comp and left T Sizzle in the dust. Sucker.
The fam. 
Hannah's got the butt!
Watch out: the girls are getting fun. Slowly.
Keepin it lit. 
They got married. And we took pictures. And I got my car back (thank$ dadso). And we partied it up at the reception, stealing grapes off the vine and cobbler off the tables. Apparently I was also in charge of moving things along here, but nobody knew. Surprises all around.
Moriah. Grace. Hutchins.
Gotta make sure you see this smiling face at least once. 
Or twice. 
Or three times, because I love her. 
Photo: @Ben.
All day Friday, Derek kept reminding us that Greg had previously shared his location with him and so he knew they were only two miles away from Craig's "cabin". We played games. Xandino and I went adventuring sans permiso on the 4 wheeler. Deek and I explored the crawl space. I took a nap in the hammock. Moriah crushed at croquet. The Wildes came over and we had pizza.
P-A-R-T-Y
Chillin.
Moriah freaking killed this game.
Hannah and I spent a day in Provo before heading back. We visited Taylor, my old quidditch bud who's getting married soon. Then we crashed Hunter's date, ate his cinnamon rolls, and invited Joshie Boyy over to chill. Mom funded our lunch at Tucano's for Hannah's birthday and Mallory Layton joined us. Then we layed on the grass at the temple with Abby and Emarie (WHO'S PREGNANT!) and chatted for a while. Dinner was Zupa's, per Hannah's request, with Lauren. Then we went to Comedy Sportz, where I got in trouble for yelling inappropriate jokes. And Markies drove up to pick Hannah up because he missed her. Crazy kids. A lot of people I love.
She loved this attention.
He also loved this.

No comments:

Post a Comment