Sunday, September 23, 2018

And the winner is

Well the good news, ladies and gents, is that I almost have friends who will play basketball with me. And it's only taken a month for them to add me to the group chat and then stand me up. BUT - the good news it that I had clinical practice (so freaking fun) with Jason and his injured friend who invited me to play ball with some of their guys Wednesday morning. Which will probably be better competition anyways.

Volleyball is heating up and has been super fun the last couple weeks. Usually for about the last hour, we only have enough for two teams and it's fairly competitive. I'm also on Val's PT student team for a community volleyball league, which should be pretty fun.

Note to self: bring gloves and thicker pants bc these rocks are hurty.
My group for FHE did a "service" scavenger hunt. I was unimpressed with the list items. Also the other team left in cars to accomplish the list that could easily be accomplished at the building. It was stuff like "give 5 compliments (10pts)" or "write a thank you note to the bishop (15pts)". I commandeered the group because I'm in it to win, and we stayed put. Everyone had assigned tasks. Upon closer examination, I found that the highest point offerings were from asking people out on dates (50pts). So I took one for the team and asked out 47 people (without discrimination). I only actually have to go out with three of them now, so I'mma take that as a win because my team ended with 2540 points, while the other team had under 400. Suckers.

Brandi and I went to two comedy shows from the Big Pine Festival. There were some semi-famous comedians there and a lot of encouragement to do drugs. My favorite parts were the ostrich facts and "if you can't have a peanut butter and jelly, you're basically in the Taliban".

NAU's freshman DPT class had our first actual exam on Friday and people were freaking out. I wasn't. But also, I have a pretty good schedule where I actually learn the material and can apply it appropriately vs. last minute cramming.

This is the princess. Almost on my level, but not.
I got a flyer in the mail from a car dealership that said I won a prize. I was hoping for the truck or the $7K, but I figured I'd take the bluetooth speaker at worst. So I showed up at the dealership and there were two other people holding the same flyer who had also won prizes. I waited with them until a lady came over asking if we'd been helped, and not waiting for someone else to take the lead, I told her we were waiting to collect our prizes. She took my flyer from me and as she was checking the code, said "By the way, we can only hand out two prizes today. What do you want?" And that's how I got my bluetooth speaker and booked it out of there so fast, leaving the other two to Hunger Games it.

I had options Friday night, but ended up hitting up both the PH activity (with burgers and men) AND the RS activity (with waffles, ice cream, and women). It was a good time and about all I had energy for.

Saturday was free national park day, so I took Brandi up to the Sunset Crater trails and we did some shooting for a music video in the "vastness" of the igneous rock. We also hit up our stake Native American cultural celebration - mostly for the free Navajo tacos, but we also enjoyed the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment