Sunday, November 18, 2018

Friendsgiving

I'm in 'break' mode already and it's no good. Fun for me now, though. A group of amigas took a long drive up to Horseshoe bend early Monday morning (since we had no class). I loved it. I got to scurry all over the red rock and then had a great burger and ice cream afterwards.

It looks a little better in the afternoon, but then
there's more people. Pick your poison. 
Home. Vive la France. (#missionversary)
Then I took a nap. I'm doing that a lot lately. And then another group met up at the Institute for a few rounds of Ghosts in the Graveyard - during which I cut myself several times, but never got caught. So win/win/win. We convinced Alexi to make monkey bread somehow, so by the time we were finished, we had some delicious snacks.

My one party trick.
We cleaned up our "Ghost" setup straight into a fort in the middle of the room. We all snuggled up real close and turned on Nacho Libre - a classic. Which was much enjoyed until a few classmates arrived for some proactive help on anatomy.

"All of those things are my favorite things to do Every. Day."
Tuesday volleyball was good practice for Wednesday, although I still didn't do as well as I wanted. Also we lost. I keep getting extremely tired by the end - which means we have some really good rallies and I expend too much energy hyping.

AT in the works. Also if anyone ever says they have a high pain tolerance,
Do Not Believe Them.
My first ortho clinic was interesting. I automatically focus on muscle imbalances as an ATC, which is good, but I need to focus more on big picture kind of stuff. I learned some new things and tried some different techniques and it was a good time. (I also evaluated my friend with an EHL strain - which made me super hyped.)

Nobody else wanted to be ridiculous with me, that's fine.
The Little America hotel put its Christmas lights up this week, so we took advantage day 2. No free hot chocolate, but we convinced Jake to share his fries and buy us cookies. Mason taught me the friendship walk and I became a bench. We took some real nice squad pics in the lights and didn't even get frostbite.

Highlight for all but Sam, who hates dinosaurs. 
We hit up the store real quick and hung out at the Fisher's casa for a minute. Mama Fish is the nicest, Papa Fish is an admitted creepster, but we love him anyways. It was a good time with good friends.

Creepiest Santa you've ever seen.
Squad.
The activity of the century went down Friday night - a Bob Ross-instructed paint night. It took a lot of preparation and technical know-how, but it went really well. And with garlic bread and Capri Suns for snacks - where can you go wrong? Great turnout, even if the paintings didn't turn out great.

Who won?
Saturday was an early morning to the temple, but everyone made it home AND back. And we got Mexican, so the tradition stands. I took a nap while Brandi cooked a ham and then we met up for the Friendsgiving feast. Food makes me so happy.

Friendsgiving 2k18
We ended with Creed - a great, post-Rocky sequel that had me HYPE. Can't wait for the new one to come out and also the next time I can sleep on Mason's mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment