Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Fab Five (ANOTHER ONE??)

LIFE. IS. GOOD. My best friends are the cutest RMs. We cook and play sports and do missionary work. And I'm so glad they let me be their friend. I love them so much.

Mason and Jake hooked me up with rides to basketball and a surprise mission/baptism party for our friends Ramsi, Braylen, and Janelle. We watched part of the new Jumanji and ate ice cream.

Look at him. I can't handle it. 
Roger came in clutch for that Wednesday morning bball - even if I haven't quite figured out how to play him yet. Then Brandi and I got split up for complex cases this week and we both left feeling very frustrated. A feeling which continued through volleyball with Sam. I'm the hype man on the court, fo sho.

I finally got my car back - with tires rated 0/32 and dangerous bubbling. It's fine. I made it to the store and to Brandi's house, where Jake, Brandi, and I made some dang good enchiladas. Mason finally came in clutch with the brownies and his friend Jenna (who is the cutest). The missionaries loved it (probably) and we loved having them. [Also Jake did in fact bring his drill for my trebuchet, which I forgot.]

STUD. Date this kid. 
Friday I fixed my tires and my phone and life was almost set. I met the FOURTH amigo, Jason, who was visiting from Utah. We played some Nintendo 64 and I crushed at the throwing knives Golden Gun version. Is anyone surprised?

On the way to Brandi's, I got a ticket. (Still, nobody's surprised, although I was mad because it was barely 10 over and it was on a steep decline where I was trying to obey the law.) I ate some leftover enchiladas to feel better and we made Mason a Mutual account.

Mason also took videos of this whole thing
and maybe was a bit disappointed that I didn't cry.
(This ain't my first rodeo, kid.)
We headed back to the Institute for pizza and Hercules. 'Twas a good time. (Also, side note - I had my car back so I actually made it to Friday morning basketball again. Love.) We helped clean up - and only dragged our friends and not the chairs.

Saturday morning, we made waffles with Jason, Chase, and Mason who all had the cutest bedhead. And we went on a spontaneous hike in Sedona to the Devil's Bridge. The way up was nice, the way down was tolerable. I took a nap.

This was just as terrifying as it looks.
And showed. So that we could all meet back up again (with Jake, this time) for Janelle's baptism - which was the cutest thing I'd ever been to and I only cried like six times. I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK. The gospel is freaking true and I'm so happy.

Sunday was also fun because I did double church again so I could hear Mason's talk. Skyped the madre and MoriahGraceHutchins real quick. Did second church. Announced some things. Helped the missionaries out for a hot minute. And made it back for the RS meeting. Took ANOTHER nap. Made dinner. And then did ice cream and nice notes - which I think was a roaring success. 10/10 would do again.

Squad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment