Sunday, November 4, 2018

Spooky Season

I folded and bought an air mattress for my bed. I don't love it. Jury's still out for a while. We'll see. 

The big news of the week is that my car is still out of commission with no foreseen return to play date on the calendar. Not because it's unfixable - just because it seems like there's terrible communication and no hurry to do so. As per usual, I'm in a fighting mood, so now the shop just won't answer my calls.
My teachers are better than your teachers.
But being carless is really only an issue for sports or recreational activities. There was no volleyball this week and no basketball Monday, I got a ride Wednesday, and missed Friday. It could've been worse, but it's not a habit I'd like to promote. Get my car done. Please.

It also put a damper on my Halloween festivities. Instead of going trick-or-treating all night, I went to Lizzy's birthday party at an Indian restaurant (not mad) and then went to the Clark's house. We chilled a while and I came out with pockets bursting with Reese's - the only candy I actually care about. So it turned out alright.

Stoop Dogg and Dr. Dray(naud's disease) #PThumor
We have tests every week and they're all so huge that they don't faze me anymore. I studied. I studied for future tests and current quizzes and took a test and also a nap. Grad school life, man.

Friday was the long-awaited PT Halloween party and it was pretty fun. Also, the costumes were a success and my only regret is that a walker isn't super conducive to the dance floor. Did not think about that one. But the kids did a great job and even made hot apple cider special for the Mormons. (Ahem. MembersoftheChurchofJesusChristofLatter-daySaints.)

Today someone checked out my IG and
said I was a huge nerd. Is anyone surprised.
Mason helped me solidify the base of my trebuchet, with future plans to continue. He taught me some math, wore a flannel to Home Depot, and has sent me the same picture of me ignoring an unhelpful garden gnome at LEAST six times.

Brandi and I did another movie night. We played Clue and then watched Clue. With popcorn and rootbeer floats. 10/10 would do again. Even if I lost Clue (barely).

No comments:

Post a Comment