Sunday, January 13, 2019

The End Approaches

This was my last week of freedom and I am terrified to go back to school. I really enjoy it and even the studying isn't bad (until finals roll around - then I understand what most people feel like during normal school). But it's more studying than I've ever done in my life and we've got a couple teachers who I might disagree with. Currently taking bets on how many times I get kicked out of class this semester. 

I was supposed to get myself all prepped for next semester, but instead I had several early morning dates with the Student Services at NAU - and despite my standards - they still tried to screw me. Currently in the works with the VP, pray that all goes well. 

Then I was super frustrated, so I thought shooting some hoops would help, but I was distracted and didn't do well, so then I was even more frustrated. It doesn't help that I also have been working part time at NAU's bookstore - which is very below my pay level at this point. 

This is where I live. 
Highlights included Brandi getting back. It's nice to have someone to vent with who is in a similar position and has a similar background. Tom also made us so many enchiladas and taco soup and très léches cake and it's going to be a thing from now on. 

I also had to drive down to PHX this weekend, so I just left early and went to the temple. Which, let me tell you, is the biggest deal. This is the only place where my thousands of swirling thoughts can dissipate so my brain can focus on one at a time. Love. 

And since I was in the area, I got to hang out with Becca, who is one of the most delightful humans you will ever meet. She took me to Texas Roadhouse and even sat on the saddle. What a breath of fresh air. We had a sleepover at her mountaintop villa with the most scenic view and even made me breakfast. I do not deserve her. 

Cutest. 
 I woke up early Saturday so I could do some real work that uses my degree. Fourteen hours of soccer injuries later and I'm back up in Flag with a fat paycheck. (Fatter than the $0 that I make normally, lol). Let's get this bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment