Sunday, December 12, 2021

New Friends (plz no)

Workwise, not my favorite week. It's holiday season, so either people's vitals are through the roof or they will never see me. My new favorite is this old dude that wakes up every day at 3pm and refuses to see me before that. (And by favorite, I mean not). 

I went to the doctor's on Tuesday morning for a "10 minute appointment" that they were already running late on 30 minutes into their workday. So I was there for an hour (fasting) for an actual 3 minute appointment. Yeesh.

Me @ the Celtics for not playing team ball.

It was our last week playing city league volleyball for a bit since they're not doing tournaments anymore and I already have people begging me to open the church Monday nights again. We're going to hold off for a while because people are hurting and will be out of town for the holidays. 

We met up with Rog's work friend Jay for a late night at Buffalo Wild Wings with the Suns v Celtics. It was not our best games. But those wings thoooo. 

The Xmas Parade. 

Saturday I got a free ticket to my YW's dance performance of the Nutcracker. I probably do not need to go to another ballet, but it was nice to see them perform. I got out of there for a quick gym session before heading to a baptism to support a less active family and their bomb 8-year-old.

Rog and I picked up Grandma to introduce us to our favorite pizza joint - Alpine Pizza. Where I met their new waiter as of 1 week. His name is Viktov from Ukraine and he got a divorce with no kids, took a trip to the states, was drunk when getting an Uber one night and lost his money. Hence the new job. 

Dinner. 

We walked around downtown to restock our oil supply, check out a photography shop with some hot (free) cider, and meet Frank, the Scottish man who just opened a sewing shop with classes. We were surprised that there was also a parade planned downtown for the exact time we were there. So we watched a lot of that until Roger was too cold. 

We had a chill Sunday. It was the YW's first time teaching a lesson and she did awesome. The presidency volunteered to fill in if the teacher isn't there. And then we ate so much food, took a nap, talked to the fam's, made some chocolate peppermint cookies, and watched WOT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment