Sunday, December 26, 2021

Happy Merry Chrimas

The new foretold disaster this week, which actually wasn't too bad. It was supposed to snow BAD and it ended up being warm enough for mostly rain after an initial flurry. It's supposed to keep snowing this next week and be even colder, so we are feeling blessed to have our new vehicle. And even moreso since I was on a terrible and muddy road in Williams to see a patient, knowing full-well I would not have even TRIED in the Prius. Good timing. (And planning).

A whole lotta pot for Christmas.

I went on a run earlier in the week (before the weather), and felt really good. I wasn't sore at all, my knees felt pretty good during, and only all my other joints hurt instead. It's a step up. And it felt good because I needed some cardio.  

Rog's gift of matching knives for our friends. 

I was off on Christmas Eve, which was the worst snow day. I watched Rog play bball with my old chums and chatted when they were subbed out. We made some Christmas deliveries and were disappointed the breakfast place we wanted to try was closed with no sign of opening soon. We went back to the house, I took a nap, made bread, and napped some more. 

Later, we went to Carol's for hot chocolate and homemade donuts, which is a tradition that I really like. I chatted with Karen and Josh, Uncle Sam, and Carol for a while before Roger showed up. And I took another nap and tried to scratch my leg off from some mysterious bug bites that appeared. 

It still fits (with no room to gain any weight).

We had a nice Christmas. Sleeping in. Homemade bread toast and hot chocolate. Some good scrips. Rog was so happy with his fishing vest and leather stuff and hiking books and waffle iron. And I was happy with my books (among other things). We went up to Page for second Christmas with Rog's family and we got a quarter of a HUGE wheel of cheese. And I was happy again. 

World Domination.

Rog got to play some games, including real board game Risk with his family. I got some delicioso mashed potatoes and played with a new remote control for my camera. I read a book and chatted with MGH - who was very excited about her new food and coloring books and less excited about another jug of PB pretzals (sorry dad).

No comments:

Post a Comment