Sunday, April 17, 2022

Day 70

Wow can you believe it? 70 days? I sure as heck can. And last week and this coming week are the hardest to stay motivated. Let me also just say that just because I do the mandatory workouts does NOT mean that they are super quality. I am so tired. I just want to sleep in. But alas.

My birthday was this week. And it was a good day at work - I had a few patients and little confusion and was done pretty early. Chatted with the parentals for a while (and MGH). Then I took Roger's gma to my ward's RS activity. Little did I know that she hates painting and that was the activity. I also didn't realize how much socializing it is. I'm there to learn a skill and get out. Maybe take advantage of the charcuterie board. 


The hike. 

We were going to have some elk steaks, but Roger left them on the back porch to thaw and the birds found them. So we had tacos. And I got some cool gifts that I'm excited to use in the near future. 

Speaking of upcoming adventures, my old mission friend Carolyn texted me Friday to tell me she was in town for a funeral. It was nice to chat for a bit over gelato and meet her BF. Even if I made them walk up a long hill to my car. She always makes me feel like I need to go do something incredible after we hang out. 

Birdwatcher extraordinaire. 
Did I mention this man sold some of his antler collection in
exchange for 2 new binos and 2 new tripods? 

Per my request, Rog and I went on a little campout Friday night and slept in his truck bed. We did NOT expect it to be so cold or so cramped. We've done it before. And the nights have been warm lately. But we ended up popping open another sleeping bag and switching places and then we slept well after that. 

When you have to go home and cook your own meals. 

Also per my request, we went on a hike and ended up getting one of Roger's trail cams and replenishing his salt lick. He's got some cool photos of this wonky looking elk coming in that I want him to get. 

THEN we got sandwiches at Roger's favorite place (Crystal Creek Sandwich Co.) and then got my bow all set up and ready to shoot. I'm excited to take it out and practice but the transition to the compound bow may take a little adjusting. 

My new release for the bow. 
(This is a reminder of how tight to make it.)

We brought over 2 cheesecakes (thanks, air fryer) to Collin's house and enjoyed a brisket, beans, and deviled eggs with some of his work friends and family. His sister Kelsey is pretty chill and we hung out with her last weekend so it was nice to see her again. (She is a big fan of Boger Mandall).

After dinner, we made the drive up to Page for Easter Sunday with Rog's fam. We had ham and so many mashed potatoes and fresh rolls and lemon poppyseed bread. TDF. Good times and it was good for us to be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment