Sunday, April 3, 2022

Day 56

Since I can't get any new books, I've been rereading several old ones. Still good, if you're wondering. Especially when I forget what happens. Roger started out my birthday month of fun with some daily edible surprises, which have served us well as GC snacks. 

I went to basketball and boxing - although boxing was odd since the teacher couldn't make it. But she left us all a workout to do. We were smoked by the end. And I am starting a new workout program, so I got a lifting refresh. And every Wednesday afternoon is hill sprints, so even my running workouts are "fun". Roger and I went birdwatching again for my Sunday afternoon rest day workout as we walked around a couple of lakes. 

They made it. (Close call).

Grandma Sandall gave me some fabric she wasn't using to help the YW make tunics for Quest, their BOM Trek replacement adventure. And then she tricked me into chauffeuring her and some friends to the Women's GC broadcast at the stake center so I actually had to go. 

 We spent conference 50/50 in our house and at Carol's with Roger's cousins. He got to hold a baby and talked guns for a while and ate food until he was sick, so he was happy. Grandma and her friends had a good time at conference and I said hi to a bunch of people, got called out for not wearing a dress (I stand by it), and ate so many tacos. 

Conference Highlights APR22

  • Go on a mission
    • A small amount of effort can be potent
    • Invite (there's no next big thing - this is IT)
    • Stay for the whole feast, even if you're not sure about the broccoli
    • Make/live covenants, trust the Lord, & miracles will happen
  • Forgive
    • Peacemakers are not passive
    • There is no place for abuse of any kind
    • Support freedom of religion
    • Fix yourself using the Atonement
  • Momentum is key
    • The to-do list is long, but so are the needs; stay balanced by moving forward
    • Trials happen and the Lord will help you overcome (focus on WHO, not HOW)
    • Give until you have nothing left to give, then recharge by reconnecting to The Source
    • Reason can't replace revelation
    • If you want to know anything, you have to do something

No comments:

Post a Comment