Monday, April 25, 2022

Day 75 (plus) ((Kevin's wedding))

It is finished. And this time, I am NOT referring to one of my books. I'm talking about 75 hard (which isn't really that hard, it's just a matter of willpower). Things I appreciated - the need to drink more water (although maybe 3L is enough for the future), the increase in dietary protein (which has maybe helped my ghrelin), and the push to do more running (although I hate working out right now and just want to sleep in every day). 

The Flagstaff news is the Tunnel Fire - over 600 acres with 0% containment for 3 days. It closed roads and we helped people evacuate. There were quite a few homes lost and apparently the forest service here is in trouble for not catching it sooner. 

Some children. 
(We need not any more)

We had a YW activity this week that I wouldn't be able to attend, so I hung out with my counselor Rachel and we had a nice long chat. I also was stressed mostly because I don't know everything and it's hard to just hand over a half finished project to some people. But it turned out pretty good apparently. (Even if none of the quest-age girls showed up...)

Thursday was a packed day, but I made the long drive up to Hannah's house solo. We chatted and Aurora ran around the couch as many times as she could and stole my shoes and cuddled with me better than Hannah. She's a chatterer of jibberish, bit she kept it under control on the drive up to Provo. The stop in Beaver for some cheese curds probably helped. 

Classic Sib Squish.

The Prius is now successfully in the hands of not me, which is good because it just stresses me out to have something that's not mine. We chilled with Deek and Shan and Violet and Mama Sama and Minty and MGH. Roger eventually arrived too, but he had a big detour due to the road closures in Flag. We had some Zag for dinner and then Rog and I took the kids to get some food storage for us. Next on the list: buckets and gamma lids. 

My happy place. (Anywhere there's food.)

We had a nice breakfast close-by with mediocre OJ and a good variety of food. Then we just chilled for most of the day. Mom did her hair for one hour and it looked the same, so Hannah went to help her out a bit. We walked the two blocks to the temple and I was immediately cornered and restrained. My version of joy apparently competes with everyone else's version of reverence. (we knew that)

No need for extendeds when this is the immediates.

We took some family photos with the rest of the crew when they showed up. Best part was this exchange:

Lady- Wow what a beautiful family! And it keeps growing!

Me - Yeah, it's about time we get rid of some of them.

Mimi - I volunteer!

What a trooper. Deathly ill, but still present.

Clown. Second best part of the entire thing was when Lauren coached MGH into catching the bouquet and she's never been happier. Third best part were the tacos. Family is always fun. But I was grateful to get home at a reasonable hour and grab some food with Eve on the way. 

Happiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment