Sunday, September 11, 2022

Roger's Dream Hunt

It's Roger's dream hunt. This is his one chance to go on a full hunt for two weeks like all of his friends (who are retired). He's been on the mountain since Wednesday (two days before the hunt) in order to claim his spot. And he's been chasing around a big bull with his bow and arrow every morning and evening waiting for the perfect shot. I'm praying he gets this dude later in the week, so he gets the one he wants and takes a lot of time on it. Because he never gets to complain again after this. 

So pray Roger shoots (and kills and finds the body of) the bull I have nicknamed "Neil" this week. 

Earlier this week, we went to Bull Basin to fix some things on my bow. Now I have to sight it in again. We had just started working on that, when Becky called asking us to help babysit since her babysitter was in the ER with a crazy tooth infection. 

Me, alone at camp. Waiting for Rog to get back. 

That's like the only real thing that happened this week beside working on a few sewing projects and reading a lot of books. I went camping with Roger on Friday night and we had bread from this new bakery I found (divine) with homemade mozarella cheese for a little campfire bruschetta. And I went to visit him again on Sunday after church for lunch - steaks and zucchs. That was nice. 

And I deep cleaned the house because now it will stay clean for the next two weeks and that will be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment