Sunday, December 18, 2022

Argentina vs France

We attended our first Sunday in the Walnut Canyon ward. I finally got an answer to why people don't like this ward - it's mostly old people who are pretty privileged and have a certain way to do things. Versus our old ward which was essentially brand new and super chill. I didn't have a great time because too many people tried talking to me like they had studied up on my history but forgot that we had never been introduced (hate) and then had a combined class with the YW/YM with an impromptu lesson because the YWP was in another class welcoming the incoming YW for next year and the teacher didn't show up and also the YM were in the same predicament. It did not go well. 

I learned a little more when I went to the YW Presidency meeting later that week. (Which was two hours long...) And basically took over - not because I was trying to, but they had a lot of problems they weren't sure how to resolve and my old presidency had some great ideas for them. Now we gotta implement. 

One more YW event this week - a white elephant at Chick-fil-A. (Back story: basically the ward had no definitive budget for the year and gave the YW $3000, so they made sure to use it. Also side note - somehow spent $3000 on 1 ward activity over the summer, so interested to see how the audits go...) My YW were glad we joined the new ward, if only for some nugs. 

We had a good turnout for VB this week - I am making more and more acquaintances who play, which is nice. We had a great time and laughed for most of it, while still playing some good rallies. The rest of my workouts were poorly motivated. Maybe after effects of being sick or hormonal sabotage. But Saturday, Becky and I had a great session at the gym and I helped her figure out her max deadlift and bench press to incorporate into our New Year workouts. 

Rog made some complaints recently about how we had no space for anything. So I cleaned. "Without his consent". Unfortunately, he came home before I took bags of stuff to Goodwill and then went through them and then all of the sudden really needed all that stuff in there. I'm still getting rid of a good chunk of stuff (mostly mine). I did, however, bring home a new couch with the help of Becky, the best moving partner ever. So had to make some room. 

Rog went duck hunting and fell through the ice trying to retrieve some duckies. He was freezing cold and his phone was dead. So we went to get him a new one. So obviously he was not in a good mood and will not be for the foreseeable future until the kinks are worked out. But on the bright side, Argentina won, and he skipped our church to watch the whole game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment