Thursday, December 29, 2022

Christmas, part 1

 We have a good group (and a good mix) of people playing volleyball with us on Mondays. I went to the gym the other days, but it hit different because I was frustrated with my work schedule. Basically, they calculate how many "points" worth of visits I have to see based on what my schedule was like in August - when I wasn't driving 30-60 minutes between people.

How the chins decorate for Christmas.

But I made it to the white elephant (someone cancelled) and came back later that day to grab my catered lunch. I didn't get to play the game, but Jade pulled out a glass checker/chess set that will replace the old chess set we have. These parties are always a hit or miss. This one seemed like a miss overall - lots of weird junk so I lucked out. 

I paid 1$ for this portrait. @MintyFresh if you want.

Thursday was our family Christmas Eve, so we went on a surprise date. Roger took me to a local lingerie store (which he thought was super funny as a joke) and then the used book store. We got smoothies and picked out a bunch of new books for both of us. Obviously, I loved it. And I was super proud of the books I found (for Rog and myself). 

Hey want to go try on all of  Mom's clothes?

I worked Friday, but got off early enough for our family Christmas. (Since we were not about to bring our stuff to Colorado with us.) Roger loves his new waders and Red Sox tickets and headlamp and 'stuff'. I loved my pants and socks and food processor and Stanley 22oz anti-vibe framing hammer. Then we went to hang out with Collin and his friends for a holiday roast. It was fun. Mostly making fun of Collin. 

The happiest hunter. 

Rog and I flew out of Prescott to AZ and arrived with a frozen elk roast still in our bag. We immediately increased the chaos of the household by 20% at least. We drank all the juice and showed our in-laws what Christmas eve chaos is with choruses of WHAT IS IT? and WHAT'S IN THE BOX? and PUT IT ON! Needless to say, it was a classic chin party. I opened up some new slippers (probably so I stop stealing everyone else's). It was good to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment