Sunday, December 11, 2022

Ducks

Back at it again with the white vans. Work was fine - we're finally fully staffed again and everyone is up and running so we're getting more and more busy. 

Getting back into exercising post-strep (and minor knee injury) and played some volleyball and weight lifted and went to boxing class. I love heavy bag boxing. None of us are good at dodging or blocking or really anything defensive, so we try to be extra good at offense just in case we ever need to fight someone. 

Rog started playing city league and got creamed one game and then had an easy time the game that I watched. He's got a bunch of kids that we've been playing with for years on the team as well as some new blood. I know all the refs still so I had fun joking around with them. 

He's a pretty bird.

We went to our ward Christmas party - mainly for the food and then we were going to walk around a bit downtown with some hot chocolate. Some dude came to talk to us immediately and made it really hard to enjoy the food and then told me I had a calling. That was kind of the vibe on Sunday too and tbh I don't love that. It's my New Englander blood. I am perfectly ok NOT talking to people and will still have a great time. (All my YW and I decided we are staging a LV takeover of this new ward so that it's more fun.)

We went to Paislee's dance recital. I guess the studio does a few different shows throughout the day with different age groups. This was the young guys so it was kind of like the Nutcracker except Paislee's group was probably the rat pack, but like hip hop version? And randomly there was a group of piglets who are toddlers. Best part. 

He will also be a tasty bird.

Rog and I went on a duck hunting date where I got to try my waders out for the first time (since I bought them super cheap at a garage sale). They're wayy nice except I gotta remember not to wear 3 pairs of pants beneath them so that I can still move. I shot 1 duck and we recovered it (that's 100% on the duck game) and Rog apparently shot 3 but we didn't find any of them. Then we got some burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment